Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images

Joined the club.

Well I ordered 2 Incubator 0 degree quilts. A standard long for me and a regular with 2 ounce overstuff. They came yesterday so I got all the family gear hung after work before we had to take off to the Blue and Gold. When we got home last night we all climbed in for a night of testing. According to the local forcast it was supposed to get into the low 20's with windchill of even lower. No idea as my thermometer is on the fritz right now but I can say it was cold. I apparently did not do a great job of allowing the down to settle out or didnt get them set up correctly as I had a few cold spots and the wife had over half of her cold. I blame it on this on the fact that this is my first experience with down and the rush I was in to set up. We made it the whole night through and for the first time ever in a hammock my feet never got cold. Now to go see if I had too much sag or air holes on the other end. As to the product itself I am more than heppy. I blame none of the issues we had last night on them. As a matter of fact I actually had to vent the top quilt as I began to sweat. Great product now I just have to spend extra time in the hammock learning to use it. Oh well someone has to do it.........
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL & 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB SF, WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Congrats on the new gear!!! It sounds like you just need to get them dialed in. Did you get your wife to lay in them while you adjusted everything? Maybe that's what you need to do while you adjust and recheck for gaps. It's too windy out there today to fool with though. I am ready to order either a 20* or 40* set just can't make up my mind which one. lol. Let me know what you think after you get it figured out and if I can help you any, let me know.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    There's a bit of fiddling but once you get it - but congrats on the new gear!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Thanks guys. And no I did not have time to actually dial them in. My son's Blue and Gold was that night so I came in straight from work and set all four of us up and then we left until 9:30. Came home and went straight to sleep. The kids have our old underquilts and I know how to set them up. They were instantly warm and had no issues. So now I have to learn how to do the same with these wonderful things. I see much play time in my future....er I mean dialing in.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    hh safari
    Tarp
    hh hex 1.3
    Insulation
    jacks nest
    Suspension
    woopie slings
    Cub scouts such a long time ago. Sounds like your getting the children off to a good start. I never could get my wife to camp without a camper and A/C-Heat.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Well I started my Scouting career 30 years ago so the natural progression has my son in it now. I place a lot on who I am today on my parents but they were strongly backed up by Scouting. At any rate I got a chance to tinker today on the setup. It was very windy. No tarp. Just hammock and underquilts. Got the gaps all taken care of and the quilts adjusted . Then after laying in them an hour and seeing that we were no longer cold the daughter and I took a nap. Hour or so later and still warm and toasty. Have to say I love these things.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

• + New Posts