Thread: New hammock

Hammock
    Mayan #6
    Insulation
    None
    Suspension
    10 mm nylon ropes

New hammock

After sleeping in my parachute silk hammock since June 2012, I thought it was time to upgrade. It is a great little hammock and I have gotten used to its quirks over time, but wanted a little more space. Even though I don't feel the need to change sleeping positions anymore, it would be nice to be able to.

Yesterday FedEx delivered my new Mayan #6 hammock. Wow! What a difference. Even without any fine tuning of the setup, it is much more comfortable than my old hammock. Not even the slightest shoulder squeeze or calf pressure in any position.

I had no idea hammocks could be so different. Mayby I should try even more hammocks. It is also strange how quickly the body returns to old habits. I woke up this morning sleeping on my stomach.

My old hammock will still be used, in my summer house and for travel, as the Mayan is too large and delicate to be used for that.

/Andy

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Very nice pickup - congrats! Are you a full time hammock sleeper?
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Mayan #6
    Insulation
    None
    Suspension
    10 mm nylon ropes
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Are you a full time hammock sleeper?
    Yes, had my first night in a hammock back in June 2012, and only slept in beds around 30 nights since then. This number will be less in 2013, as both my homes now have hammocks.

Full time sleeping in hammock has changed my life quite a lot. I have suffered from sleeping disorders since childhood, causing me to lay awake several hours every night. After a few months in the hammock this disappeared. Instead of going to bed early trying to get as much sleep as needed, I now go to bed when tired and sleep without interruptions.

I have gone from spending up to 9 hours in bed daily, with only 6 or 7 hours of actual sleep, to actually sleeping around 5 to 6 hours every night.

/Andy

Interesting, I sleep very bad too. I go to bed around 11pm and I hardly get any sleep before 3am. Then, its morning and I need lots of coffee.
    I think I'm gonna try the hammock indoors soon!

• + New Posts