WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz

Exclamation Member Survey for New Huggers

I'm thinking about having Strapworks make tree huggers from their Simple Sling, using polyester and/or seatbelt polyester webbing, 1-inch width. The new changes would be a to add a set of Double D-Rings in one end in lieu of a loop and putting a half twist in the remaining loop.

I think the D-rings give options for end point connection to the rest of the suspension system by minimizing friction at the tie-end point for the huggers

Rough cost is somewhere in the range of $7 for a 10-foot length, plus shipping

Would anyone be interested in getting a set? If yes, what is your preference for the webbing choice and length???

Survey will be open through Jan 26th, 2009. Then I have to move on with Strapworks order.

PM me if interested.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I would want to know what the specs on the d-rings are. Simple d-rings would not serve for a suspension. Or maybe I misunderstand your intent.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    You did not miss my intent to use the D-rings at the end of the loop as tie-in to the rest of the suspension system. Talking with the Strapworks folk, they have no official rating/spec on the breaking strength for the D-rings. I am currently using their double d-ring belts as huggers and have their "heavywire" d-rings on those. They are as thick as the SMC rings, so the question of strength would appear be at the weld point on d-ring.

You can see the d-rings on my set up in my photo albums. I may need to do another photo of the D-rings, i.e. closer and with something for scale.

Let me know what you think.
    Rockdawg69

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Rockdawg... I would probably not be interested in redesigning my system at this point. I use ring buckles and webbing, but the ring buckles are on the hammock to a set on the huggers would be redundant. I am set for hanging straps for my wife and myself at this point. I am not dissing on the idea and the rings sound like they should be fine. I just don't need to fiddle with that part of the system.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Understood. Don't change what works.
    I'm still experimenting to find something I like better than my current setup. Maybe going to rings down the road if I get another hammock besides the HH.
    Rockdawg69

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Survey closed. No takers. Must not be a good idea or everyone is busted broke from Christmas. Will do my thing with the d-ring belt and report down the road on whether this works or not.
    Rockdawg69

• + New Posts