Thread: 1/4 Uq

Images

1/4 Uq

I have been thinking about using a double hammock and laying perpendicular. Then, I could use an underquilt that doesn't cover the ends of the hammock--effectively a 1/4 UQ.

I would like to shape it the way that the KAQ directions do, but I think the shape I would be going for is different than the KAQ. In my mind, I think the best thing to do would be to make two cutouts for the shoulders and one in the center of the foot end. Am I on the right track?

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    1/4 just sounds small, but I think my coffin quilt is like the shape you are talking about. I really like this quilt and I will be remaking it with better, lighter materials. it doesn't waist down and material in the corners that get compressed anyhow. The only thing I need to have 8 uspension points. It is like a light lowtech snugfit.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    1/4 just sounds small, but I think my coffin quilt is like the shape you are talking about. I really like this quilt and I will be remaking it with better, lighter materials. it doesn't waist down and material in the corners that get compressed anyhow. The only thing I need to have 8 uspension points. It is like a light lowtech snugfit.
    I think it is probably an exaggeration to say 1/4! But, I would be laying perpendicular, so I could have the quilt stretch all the way from side to side. The coffin quilt (which I love, btw) is designed to lay along the length of the hammock, right? When I layed in the ATHH perpendicularly and reduced the length of the ridgeline significantly, it was similar to a bridge hammock, or even one of these baby hammocks:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...by-Hammock.jpg
    http://www.lasiesta.com/us/babyhammo...hammocks-1.jpg

What my question really is driving at is how should I shape the quilt? The KAQ design is made to accomidate one shoulder and one knee which tend to poke out when laying on the diagonal. I figure if I use the perpendicular lay, I will be displacing the shape on both shoulders, the booty, and at the feet. So, this is why I would like advise on if my plan of using KAQ-style cutouts is the best for shaping the quilt to what my body will be displacing.

• + New Posts