Hammock
    Eno
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Air pad & UQ
    Suspension
    JRB nylon straps
    I used my Leighlo 66" 30 degree for the first time. It was low 30s with a howling wind and i stayed very warm. Set up was easy, quality great, light, and compact. 175.00.

Hammock
    None
    Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    I absolutely love my incubator. You won't be sorry with that purchase.

There a lot of factors that you didn't cover though. Do you want a full length UQ? (They weigh a bit more and don't pack down as well, but I feel there is less fiddle factor with them.) What types of weather do you plan on being out in?
    In the OP he mentions he wants a full body and he's looking at the incubator so I think it's safe to say he's going more in that direction.Though I could be wrong. I've never had the incubator but have had two of hammock gear's phoenix 3/4 UQs. One 20* that I sold and still kick myself in the butt over and I currently have a 0* that I will never get rid of. I have never heard a bad word about HG. From their service to their quality and craftsmanship, it's all top of the line. I don't even have words for how well made my UQ is. On the other hand I also have a Jack's R Better Hudson river that is on par with HG and also own one of leigh lo's 30* UQs that the same can be said for. So after my long winded UQ speech you can't really go wrong with ANY of the forums amazing cottage vendors.
    Last edited by AmericasHammock; 03-06-2013 at 23:12.

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDT View Post
    I used my Leighlo 66" 30 degree for the first time. It was low 30s with a howling wind and i stayed very warm. Set up was easy, quality great, light, and compact. 175.00.
    I just got the same UQ and am taking it out next w/e for an overnight. I set it up in the back yard and looked great. I climbed in my bb and was toasty. Only issue I had was when I moved around in it, the uq would slide to one side and I would have to re-position it. I am sure it is just a bit of tweaking of the suspension plus the only trees that I have to hang from are a bit too close together so the SRL is a little slack.
    John aka Suede

Only full length UQ's, especially when you have to set up tight, have a tendency to pull away at the crease (which is usually where your butt is).

And as far as sliding over, should just be a matter of tightening and loosening the suspension on each appropriate side but something I did with my incubator was through shock cord on the sides of the UQ and over the ridgeline and cinch them up. Kept everything close and in position. Purpose for the tabs Adam put on the incubator.

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    I have the 0* incubator. Just got a 20* burrow top quilt. Together they squash down smaller than my sleeping bag did by itself. It's a definite space saver.
    Love my hammock gear stuff!
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Don't get hung up on a few ounce savings here and there. I know ultralight packers may disagree, but this is an improtant piece of gear and a few extra ounces will serve you well.

A 20° Incubator is one of the best gear choices I've ever made. I should have skipped the 40°, but now that I have it, it's nice for warmer weather. I don't notice my 20° taking up any more space than the 40°. Of course it is, but you can't tell when it's crammed in the bottom of a pack.

The quality is there, easy setup, great company.

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    oops double post, hahaha
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

• + New Posts