At work today, we began the installation of two huge outdoor digital LED signs. They were shipped standing face-to-face on a pallet with several large pieces of white CCF between them. Of course I threw the foam in my truck instead of the dumpster . . .

I'm wondering if 3/4" is too thick? Most references to pads on this forum are 1/4 ~ 1/2". I understand this would take a little more space when packed, but I typically bikepack with a trailer, so it won't be quite as critical for me as it might be for others.

I joined two pieces with duct tape, and cut it into a shape that seemed to work for my dbl-layer DIY hammock. Ended up about 25" wide x 80" long with the opposing corners trimmed off to "encourage" the pad to fit on the diagonal. These pics show the shape I came up with. Yes, I put it between the layers to lay on it, and yes, I lay backwards-diagonal from most folks.

Although I've never used pads before, I thought I'd give this a try - Hey, IT WAS FREE, right ?!? Occasionally, I've noticed cold spots on my butt or lower back with my IX UQ, so maybe this will be my ultra-cold weather insulation option! I spent about an hour on it tonight in a very cold garage, and it definately bounces the heat back! It's stiffer of course than no pad, but was still very comfortable.

Just wondering if I'm off the "deep" end with this idea (pun intended )

-Klauss