Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
Anywhere out west above 7000 ft..wow,,,to many to name,,lets see,,,wind river range, tetons, yellowstone, glacier, gsmnp. Just spread my ashes anywhere on any old mountain will do for me.
Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
For me it's the Weminuche Wilderness in SW Colorado and the Wind Rivers in Wyoming. Used to live out there and I'm sure hoping this whistlestop in Arkansas is over soon.
Quote Originally Posted by jerhangin11 View Post
Anywhere else

Doctari has it right! For me anywhere in the High Uintas (Utah) and Havasupai (Arizona). Both are incredibly beautiful and the Uintas are endless and have amazing fishing!
Quote Originally Posted by oohsnap View Post
Red castle in Uintas in utah
Quote Originally Posted by Davigilante View Post
I'm partial to the places in my "back yard." Fortunate that they are places like the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness, Yellowstone and Grand Teton.

The Kenai Peninsula in Alaska is my favorite place to vacation, but I am yet to hike or backpack there. Maybe this summer.
+100 to all of these places, and many more, like the Cascades of WA. But I suppose the Wind Rivers in WY will always hold that special place in my heart. Wouldn't a place that tested you with 1 foot + of snow and 24*F last week of June, along with such spectacular scenery and isolation, have to be special? Plus, I have spent more time in the back country there than any where else. Oh, plus, my first ever night ( and following week ) in a hammock was there!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
Bankhead national forest. Miss my Alabama, thanks guys...
And when it comes to things close by, the Sipsey is really special!