Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I had a lot of trouble with my Thermarest Pro-Lite 4 moving around, and I eventually bought a quilt. Between the slipping and cold shoulders, I got tired of fighting with the pad.

If you're going to stick with a pad, I'd suggest one that has grippers. My wife's pad has little circles of a rubbery material printed on it that keep it from sliding around the tent. I assume they would do the same thing in the hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by callihan_44 View Post
    alright I tried out my new blackbird 1.1 double and love it, now im debating whether or not i even need my sleeping pad OR selling it and getting a thinner one(currently have a thermarest neo air trekker 2+ inches thick) Im thinking maybe one of the self inflating ones might work better like a thermarest trail lite....does the pad float around much while trying to sleep on it? i really dont want to fight it all night long...thanks!

Hammock
    ENO single nest
    Tarp
    OES maccat
    Insulation
    Nerves of steel
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    so much hate for the pads ill admit not a warm as a UQ but it sure is simpler to carry for me i haven't had any problem with slippage in the night with my thermorest ultra light and deffently provides noticeable warmth compared to a open hammock.

just my 2 cents works for me and lets me keep my pack bulk down in all but winter
    "let us dare to read, think, speak and write"- john adams

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by louisfb View Post
    Do you still need the shoulder extensions when using a pad with a bridge hammock like the RR?

Thanks,

--louis
    I find that I still need the extensions with my RR. I use a 25" wide NeoAir Xlite which fits in the sleeve perfectly. I then bought a Zlite(?) and cut it in half. It's the one that folds like an accordion. When cut in half it's the perfect size to protect your shoulders and makes a great sit pad. I place the Zlite inside the hammock and have not had any condensation issues. I believe the NeoAir and the half pad actually weigh less than my full length 20 degree UQ. I carry the pad outside my pack and the NeoAir inside which takes up far less space than my UQ. I don't have to worry about my UQ getting wet and I have a great system for going to the ground in an emergency.

Miguel

Hennessy Double Bubble Radiant Pad

Tried the HDBR Pad as a spring / summer setup (low 60) with my 45 degree bag. Tried the bag first without the pad and I was a bit cool. Added the pad after about 15 minutes and immediately felt the warmth. Shoulder width is perfect. Didn't slide, but I still plan on using bag cords to fix it in place under the bag. Will use it as a Spring / Summer pad and as a double to my colder setup when the temps really drop.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123