Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

2013 Washington State Winter Hang

We had about 13-15 people at the Washington Winter hang (2-15/16/17) near Yakima. It was warmer than last year (25* Friday night, 22* Saturday night). Not much snow left, but it was icy on the trail. It was more fragmented this year, with four campfires at different campsites. The wind came down on Saturday afternoon and made it rather cold for the evening.

Mugs, (Ms. Mugs), Hulk, Dogbone, WA-Hangman and sons, nryche, mtneerman22 & sis, Boomer & son & friend...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DutchWare Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing, whoopies
    Nice pix! Looks like you had better weather than us.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks cuben
    Insulation
    WB, JRB, or HG
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Looks like a blast. Great pics....that first one is really cool!

Jay

Hammock
    Currently HH
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    0*incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoop Dutch Junkie
    Nice pics Boomer,

Was nice to meet a few fellow hangers from the forum.

Hammock
    WBBB, DangerBird, HH Scout
    Tarp
    Superfly & Edge
    Images
    Thanks again for everyone who put up with me, husby, and Buglet trolling through all the setups Saturday afternoon. Husby's digital camo top/bottom DangerBird just arrived today and is deployed on the back porch, my SuperFly should get here tomorrow.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    I'll add my bit here. But like boomer said, the "social" aspect of the hang was lacking this year. But then again, I have noticed it has never really been super social, especially amongst some. However the fire on Saturday night usually brings the group together for a few hours, but that didn't happen either as a result of four separate campsites and four different fires. But whatever

I had a great time none the less. Wish there would have been more snow and, but its always a hit and miss over in the E-burg. It was nice to see old " friends" and meet new ones. Dogbone was new to the group this year and brought his eye candy cuben HMG winters dream. I really like the additional 10 inches on the bottom, I am thinking about having that done to my WB Superfly. I got to test out Hulks WBRR and am seriously thinking about getting one.

Boomer and gang, dogbone, hulk, my wife, and me did spend quite a bit of time together throughout the the weekend, and on Saturday night around the fire. Boomer brought out his son this time around, its always good when the kiddos could come out. DigitalJanitor and fam' came by to pics out wee brains, and that was fun talking gear with them.

My wife came along (this was her second hang, but she pema hangs at home) She had an ok time but would have like it colder and snowier. She got bored a little with all the gear talk, she asked the question "is all you talk about is gear on these hangs?" I replied "no, we eat too"

All in all it was a great time. Now we just have to plan a spring and summer one, so were not just seeing each other once a year. WaHangman and clan agree

I din't take a lot of pics, and I had hoped to go around a make a hammock gear talk video of all the people attending, but I could not get it done because several logistics factors. Here are some of my pics.

Our set up. I had DHDB 1.9 SL, OES McCat Standard, UGQ 0f*Zeppelin UQ, JRB 0f* Old Rag Mountain (for sale soon)
    She had DHDB Dl 2.2 Crinkle, WB Superfly, UGQ 20f* Zeppelin UQ, UGQ 20f* Flight Jacket TQ.

Using my Mini Tattoo stove and Caldera cone to heat some water for tea

But This is what really made the tip worth it this year

Last edited by mugs; 02-24-2013 at 19:02.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Time to stop procrastinating.

Should have shot more pic's. Should have wondered around the area some more....but i was quite content lounging. Ah yes nice to have a fire...er several of them. Actually in think there was a benefit to have more than one fire. There's room to escape the smokey side!

Any who here's my few pics.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hulk, those are some great shots! Looks like a high dynamic range photo on the first one. Can you email me those?

Hammock
    Thommock
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Amazing pictures!

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    HEX
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Late to the party as always... Sorry I haven't posted on the trip yet, but I'm still doing very long days with little to no days off.. This will change soon

This was a great trip. I love this side of the mountain and glad to have seen everyone that showed up..

Boomer's right about the social aspect for this trip.. I think some people (my self included) have not had much chance to get away. Next year we should plan on some potluck dinner ideas.

More pictures on facebook Here and Here

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast