Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Soon to be DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Costco TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Why do you need an additional app?...if you turn on your compass app that came with your iPhone and swipe to the left there is an inclinometer already on it...

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggere View Post
    Why do you need an additional app?...if you turn on your compass app that came with your iPhone and swipe to the left there is an inclinometer already on it...
    Short answer: Purple because aliens don't wear hats

Long answer: I think it falls in the same category of why would one person have 5 hammocks, 3 types of suspensions, 6 backpacks, and more Dutch bling than needed to decorate all the Christmas trees at the Biltmore? Because somewhere, at some point, a little voice thinks you NEED another one. Unless you need the space, what's the harm of having one more app? Now, back to Dutch's website for more browsing of things I NEED.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG quilts 20°/40°
    Suspension
    webbing/Ti buckles
    Good call on the inclinometer on the compass I didn't realize that was there. I've been using the iHandy level app and it works well. I tried the Hangle and didn't really like it. It didn't seem to sit on the line well and would not give me a good read. I always have my phone with me so it's no big deal just to use that.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Because I didn't know it was there.... Thanks, but I actually use the Application I mentioned for other things as well... It also nice to be able to use the camera to line up your suspension with...
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    Handmade string & 1.1 dbl DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    Wiggys FTRSS, pluq
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Images
    My compass (the regular type for navigation) has a clinometer for guaging slopes included. Comes in handy in avalanche country. I also have marked it on the blade of my knife as an estimate.
    Mind over matter,
    if you don't mind, it don't matter

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Soon to be DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Costco TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sorry...that first line sounded kinda snarky and could have been worded different...

I am using mine to measure RL angle and suspension angle...that way when I find that "there it is" angle I can hopefully reproduce it just by making those two things match again...

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Sorry...that first line sounded kinda snarky and could have been worded different...

I am using mine to measure RL angle and suspension angle...that way when I find that "there it is" angle I can hopefully reproduce it just by making those two things match again...
    Not a problem, didn't know about that feature in my iPhone. Thanks for letting me know about it. I will say that once you get the angle right a few times, the need to use anything other then you're eyes diminish's.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123