Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    I have HHs as well. I'm doing prusik knots on the lines for easy hook and adjustment and using shock cord near the tarp to take up any sag as the tarp gets wet, etc. Waiting on my neon orange shock cord and para cord to arrive this next week (for visibility purposes). Praying for clear skies this weekend so me and the kids can play with the hammocks. I've worked 20 days straight with no down time...I need a nap.
    Well, as promised, I got my line in and set to work this morning on the modified tieouts. Special thanks to Shug, Mad777 and Headchange4u for the direstions needed to accomplish this so easily.

First photo is the prusik knot on the tieout, next photo I attached the prusik loop to the stake then take up the slack on the line until the tension is what I wanted. Next photo is the shock cord attached to the tieout via a 12" loop secured with a double clove hitch (took a second to get this right but once you learn it, wow). Last photo is the whole set up. It make the lines super easy to see using the neon orange para cord and shock cord. I added an extra prusik for a midline visual que. I can always take it off, use it elsewhere when needed or leave as is.

I know this is a super simple mod but I was soooo proud to have done it. Really makes set up easy, visible and customizeable. Hope this helps you and/or anyone else seeing this. Kids even got a couple paracord bracelets whipped out in a jiffy as well. You'd have thought I handed them gold bars for breakfast.

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Seeing the tieouts is easy.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym,USMC Tarp
    Suspension
    Beeners and Rings
    I have done the same to mine ( added figure nines to the tarp) and left the shock cords of the hammock alone. Let them do their thing is right!!
    Luck is the meeting of Destiny and Hard Work.......................................

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12