Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Academy tarp
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
    I just bought my first Hammock - The Warbonnet BlackBird - Just like Alan - I love it.

Couple of questions - you mentioned you want it to replace your bed (great idea, although tricky if you meet a lady at the bar) - does this mean you don't plan on backpacking/hiking/camping?

If you do plan to use it in the great outdoors I would try to get they extra money together. A built in bug screen is a great thing.

Being not to far removed from Graduate school, I can understand where you are coming from with the money issues. My suggestion is to save another month if that will put you in a BlackBird.

BEst wishes - by the way,what college and major?

Oh I just saw you asked my major! I'm working on my BS in aeronautical science. I'm a helicopter pilot getting my degree for the credentials! thanks

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    hey can anyone tell me about the green mountain hammock

Images
    never heard of that one, is there a link?

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    i'd set one up if i knew how. you can find them at greenmountainhammock.com. they say that they are a brazilian style. don't know if that is good or bad.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    I just ordered a Blackbird and have a Hennessy Ultralight Backpacker. Unlike so many, I found the bottom entry was just fine - once in a while I'd find things following me out of the hammock at 3 am, and return from my cathole expedition to find small things on the ground. But overall I like the Hennessy. I ordered the Blackbird for the double layer bottom and the possibility of more space inside - the Hennessy bug netting hangs low, and it feels like I'm wearing the hammock. The Blackbird will let me put the netting aside when I don't need it, and now I can let my boyfriend use the Hennessy.

plowhorse, the green mountain hammocks all seem to have the same suspension, which looks like cotton ropes. Their "tree connectors" are screw-in, or a "hanging rope" of nylon -- both options would damage trees, not good at all for leave no trace hikers! The hammock itself is neither good nor bad; looks like they have a nylon version for camping, but if I had to replace cotton ropes when I got it, I'd just make my own in the first place.

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lori View Post
    The Blackbird will let me put the netting aside when I don't need it, and now I can let my boyfriend use the Hennessy.

if this is the most honest comparison of who you truly love the most, the bb gets the upper hand! I love it..
    go warbonnet!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    You're getting off lucky! I had to buy my girlfriend a BlackBird, she didn't want any part of my old Hennessy that was laying around. Ohhhhh no, not her!

Other than me, she's got pretty good taste.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Actually, as long as he lets me have the hammock, any arrangement is fine by me.

I've been hammocking longer than I've had the boyfriend, so of course the bb wins! I'm sure a similar contest between me and the boyfriend's laptop would end similarly. I think we're caught up in When Geeks Get Together - that new reality show where love of gear and love of significant other collide....

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    thanks lori. I still have'nt bought my first hammock yet and am trying to get as much info as possible. as for as the suspension goes is the one sold by treklight or grand trunk any good?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12