Right weather to go out

The weather is so great. I plan to go for a camping with my family members. I plan to prepare a tent. however, some friends online told me, a hammock for camping will be greater than a tent. I am not sure. What's your opinion?
    Nothing seek, nothing find.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Stock Cinche
    Quote Originally Posted by corrinla View Post
    The weather is so great. I plan to go for a camping with my family members. I plan to prepare a tent. however, some friends online told me, a hammock for camping will be greater than a tent. I am not sure. What's your opinion?
    This is a troll right?

You come to a website called hammockforums.net which is the largest resource of hammock campers in one place to ask if hammock camping is any good?

In all seriousness though, yes hammock camping is better ... for some people. Lots of people find hammock MUCH MUCH more comfortable then sleeping on the ground. Lots of people find it more comfortable then their own bed at home (myself included). Some people even switch to full time hammock sleeping in their home. So yes you may quite enjoy hammock camping.

That said there are a couple of downfalls with hammocks, they are "lonely" you can't share a hammock so if cuddling your wife/husband/significant other is a requirement that may be a problem. The most I have seen share a hammock is a camper and their dog which I believe takes some getting used to.

Also hammock camping takes a lot of skill. It's not hard to learn those skills but you have to be willing to actually learn them. To get the perfect lay there are a lot of factors to consider. If you are genuinely considering a hammock I recommend the book "The Ultimate Hang" written by Derek Hansen, who is one of our own (http://theultimatehang.com/) and I am in no way affiliated with.

So yes, most people here will tell you that hammock camping is amazing and you should 100% try it out because you may never go back (I know I wont).

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask, although I think the general discussion forum may be a better location then trip planning.
    Last edited by Kasuko; 04-19-2013 at 08:36. Reason: Realized there was no ending.
    I like metric, I use metric, for those of you who don't ... you should, for those of you who won't ... here.
    0*C - 32*F, 10*C - 50*F, 20*C - 68*F, 30*C - 86*F
    100g - 3.52oz, 500g - 17.63oz, 1kg - 2.2lbs, 16oz - 1lbs
    10cm - 3.9", 1m - 3.28ft, 1km - 0.62mi

Thanks for your nice answer.
    Nothing seek, nothing find.

• + New Posts