Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    ........ and did the wind blow in more humid air because it came from a direction of a body of water, or less humid air from an arid area, or is the ground saturated with water and releasing that, etc? Weather is complex. .........
    And that is what I think I have been dealing with during much of my backyard testing. Cannibal has expressed amazement at the amount of condensation I often experience on the underside of my tarp and even on my hammock and UQ. And he used to hammock in very humid ( though not cold) Florida. But as my hammock stand is a pain to move, I hang over a mud bog, sometimes with standing water. The only way it is not a mud pit is if we have had a week of sunny dry days, or if the ground is frozen solid ( very rare). I suspect this gives me some serious humidity rising up from the ground, in addition to whatever humidity is already in the famously humid MS air.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by meant2b View Post
    BB,

It's definitely a result of breathing inside in the sleeping bag. With my old Blue Kazoo I could zip it up and my mouth and nose would stick right out of the bag beautifully. It was a 20 degree down bag though. With the new bag, zero degree synthetic, it seems like I can get the face as high in the bag without raising/pushing forward my neck. As a result of this the face sits much lower in the bag and allows my breath to go into the bag unless I really watch it(kinda hard when your sleeping). If I turn my head sideways that almost guarantees that I'll be breathing into the bag versus out into the open air. It's why I keep trying to come up with some kind of crafty way to force the neck/head forwards without having to carry extra equipment on me.

.................................................. ...............
    MEANT 2B
    GAME '97
    So, a pillow inside the bag hood? A fleece jacket in a sack or some such, to lift your head?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12