Happy-Medium UL
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    EE Revolt 30·
    Suspension
    Myerstech Becket

UL Phoenix or Phincubator

I'm in the planning stages of a UQ. Last year I MYOG'd an IXUQ, but having used it, would like something a bit more dependable as far as fit is concerned and something that will take me lower.

I've pretty much narrowed my choices down to either the Phoneix or the Phincubator in part because of my wanting to customize them. I'm looking at M50 for inner and outer fabrics.

I don't know whether it's better to get a warmer quilt e.g. Phoenix 40* and at some later date look at something more full length or simply go the Phincubator route at say a 30* rating. I like the idea of having full length so as I could eliminate a foot pad, although I may need one for my larger pack. I also use a zimmerbuilt halfpack (lumbar pack) for my XUL/SUL trips which doesn't require any support. I also like the idea of the lighter Phoenix setup.

I'm a UL hiker and will be pushing more SUL and hopefully a couple XUL trips this summer. That being said, weight is extremely important to me, but so is warmth per weight. It's taken me a couple months just to decide on who to go with (was looking at Te-Wa and Leighlo).

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    I am at about a 13 lbs base pack weight and I went with a 20* Pheonix in full M50. It is standard length, new 4-line with no overstuff and weighs 15.4 oz. I use a z-rest sit pad under my legs, mostly my feet when it's not too cold (like40*+) or a larger reflectix custom pad if temps go lower. The 20*Incubator has 4oz more down in it plus the additional nylon, figure maybe 2 oz more. Hope that helps.
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

Hammock
    Happy-Medium UL
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    EE Revolt 30·
    Suspension
    Myerstech Becket

Phoenix

Thanks! That definitely helps. I'm leaning towards the Phoenix at this point and if/when I get a warmer UQ I'll likely go with the Phincubator.

Hammock
    Darien UL/WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Geaar
    Insulation
    HG and EE
    Suspension
    Dutch

UL Phoenix or Phincubator

I went nobull phincubator for colder weather and and am going to do a Phoenix for summer. My 20deg phincubator is 18 oz

Hammock
    Happy-Medium UL
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    EE Revolt 30·
    Suspension
    Myerstech Becket
    I ended up going with Te-Wa because I couldn't get any response from HG. I tried emailing and calling them. I received one email response asking to call. Left two voicemails and no reponse even after I emailed them again.

Te-Wa is making me a Breeze with M50 inner and outer for almost cheaper than a Phoenix. The price will be exactly the same and I don't have to pay shipping as Mike is including it. It will end up being lighter than the HG even if I had gone M50 with them as the Breeze starts off 2.6 oz. lighter. Win in my book!

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    I'm sorry we didn't respond... I only received one email from you. I'll have to check my spam filter again for the issues. As for the calls, I'll as Stormcrow why the voice-mails were not returned. I apologize, BUT.... You cannot go wrong with Te-Wa. His quilts are top quality, and he's great to work with. Glad it worked out for you.

• + New Posts