Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

My new camo Superfly!!!

It has been a stressful week... USPS almost lost the package, my post office had no idea what I was talking about... It said it was going to be delivered Wednesday but didn't show up till Friday at 1:45...

But its here now... After an hour and ten minutes I have it hung the way I envisioned it... I have mini line locks at every attached except ridgeline...

Bungie loops at the bottom with a fixed loop around the stake...

Dutch hook on one end runs around the tree and goes back to a fixed loop larks headed onto the little split ring...

You can also see in that picture there is a nacrabiner running down to a ZingIt line... Thats my non structural ridgeline... It is fixed on the other but removable at any time... It has a nacrabiner buried into the middle of it to hold the pole mod up... I didn't like the idea of the pole mod breaking the seal of the tarps ridgeline so I asked 2qzq to leave off the ribbon... On 2qzq recommendation I ordered .344 Easton poles from Quest Outfitters... I order 6 sections with the connector and 1 section without and the smallest aluminum ends they had... I cut off 12.5" total off the ends, removing 6.25" from each end so that the center pole would be centered off the ridgeline...

Figure nine is on the other end... Ridgeline and all tie outs are 1.75mm ZingIt and 3/32 shock cord... I will order some dutch bling for this head end when I get a chance but for now the nine will stand in its place...

My tarp has the new style tie outs... I like the simplicity of it all...

outside view

inside view

Doors are just line locks with 3/32 bungee run through and some mitten hooks tied to the end... Doors are hooked together on the inside right now... Don't need them since its 65* and sunny... Though it is pretty windy it was perfect...

I'll get some better pictures when the sun cooperates... Perfect wrong angle for me to take pictures right now...

Obligatory foot shot...

weight fully rigged is 655 grams or 23.10 oz(probably could shave this down because i have a lot of extra cordage at each point, 35 foot ridgeline and 7 feet on tie outs)... which is one oz heavier than my ENO Profly... thats just crazy... poles and tips without the shock cord(ran out) is 4.3 oz or 122 grams... so say 5 oz or so once the shock cord is put in...
    Last edited by Brute1100; 03-03-2013 at 18:34.
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7d
    Tarp
    HG WinterPalace
    Suspension
    straps whoopie
    Glad you got it. Some reason I cant see your pics. I got my bb xlc today as well. Yeah buddy

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: My new camo Superfly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canoe View Post
    Glad you got it. Some reason I cant see your pics. I got my bb xlc today as well. Yeah buddy
    I was editing them while you were trying to view it should be fixed now...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    So Brandon offers the superflies with the pole mod now? That looks sweet!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps

My new camo Superfly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I think he sent it straight I 2qz2 to have them put the pole mod on.

Brute, I noticed you used 2 loops to attach to the ridge line. I just got my superfly in too, but have my Dutch hook threaded on the ring itself then clip it to the prussik. Do you or anyone else think that's a bad idea? I don't want to cause any damage by having the Dutch hook in the stuff sack with it.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    which two loops you talking about??? i have added a non structural ridgeline and then the only other loop i have the fixed loop that the dutch hook hooks too... i'm sorry that pic is fuzzy, couldn't get the camera to focus and don't have a manual focus on the cell phone... my figure nine goes in the stuff sack and lots of other people have the dutchware going into the stuff sack with no issues so far... he radius's his stuff fairly well so i don't think it's an issue...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    it went straight from Brandon/Warbonnet over to 2QZQ, it saved me shipping since i knew i wanted the pole mod... i only paid two shippings instead of three...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

I like the Camo look. Very nice purchase.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps

My new camo Superfly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    which two loops you talking about??? i have added a non structural ridgeline and then the only other loop i have the fixed loop that the dutch hook hooks too... i'm sorry that pic is fuzzy, couldn't get the camera to focus and don't have a manual focus on the cell phone... my figure nine goes in the stuff sack and lots of other people have the dutchware going into the stuff sack with no issues so far... he radius's his stuff fairly well so i don't think it's an issue...
    Your Dutch hook. It looks like you have the Dutch hook attached to the prussik and a loop attached to the metal ring. I have my Dutch hook threaded directly onto the metal ring and it clips onto the prussik. I'm just wondering if anyone thinks that could damage the tarp by having the whoopsie hook in the stuff sack

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    it went straight from Brandon/Warbonnet over to 2QZQ, it saved me shipping since i knew i wanted the pole mod... i only paid two shippings instead of three...
    i got ya, smart move.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast