Hammock
    DIY DL & GTUL
    Tarp
    Gear Guide 12x12
    Insulation
    IX UQ, CS TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    If you're going to run shock cord through it get the 1.5 inch stuff from DIY Gear supply. Or if you're impatient like I was on my last project you can get the 7/8 inch stuff from Walmart - lay two strips one on top of the other and then stitch together along one edge and you've got the necessary width AND it's permanently "folded" which makes it really easy to slip over your UQ edges. (Trying to get the grosgrain to stay folded evenly while you're sewing it on is normally a bit of a hassle)

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps

Gosgrain Question......

I got mine from Hobby Lobby and Walmart. Used it for the same thing. It works fine but there is a noticeable difference between it and the grosgrain on my Hammock Gear Incubator. The HG stuff seems stiffer and more rigid.

Hammock
    DL 1.4 ripstop gathered end
    Tarp
    8x10 flat silnylon
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    whoopie/shackle
    I just recently used 2" strips of 30D ripstop and folded the edges under and then ran my shock cord through it. It was a bit frustrating compared to bias tape and grosgrain (mostly becuase I had to fold the edges and I have an adapter for that when I use bias tape) but it's a little lighter and cheaper (it was scraps anyway).

That said, if you have an adapter for this I'd highly recommend avoiding what I did...it's not really worth the trouble. Took a 5 minute job and make it 30 minutes thanks to cutting strips and then folding every 12" or so.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    For DIY hammocking use I'll always buy from one of our cottage industry suppliers.

Before I ordered I checked out the stuff at our big box stores and a fabric store - it was all packaged in 2 or 3 yd lengths.
    - the packaging is a waste of our resources
    - the quality just wasn't there as compared to the grosgrain ordered from DIY
    - I wasn't wasting part of every package to get the longer lengths I need.

AND, compared to Canadian prices, it was actually cheaper to buy it from DIY when it was going to be included in with other stuff in my order.

I'm in awe at the quality of the material in my last order from DIY, not to mention the wonderful co-operation and assistance from Scott!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12