WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I use the NeoAir Xlite which is 25" wide. I find that I still need wings in the shoulder area. I use the Zlite pad (accordian type) which when cut in half is the perfect length for wings and doubles as a really nice sit pad. I believe the NeoAir and the Zlite still weigh less than my 20 degree UQ. I usually place the Neo Air between my double layer and the Zlite inside with me. I've had no condensation issues with it in that mode.

Miguel

Hammock
    Weight Weenie Micro
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow20, ZpacksUQ
    Suspension
    duh. Becket Hitch.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steveflinn View Post
    Exped Multimat works great for summer hangs. Not very thick though. Mine's 9.2oz and you can double it over. Vapor barrier though... works fine in the 45-80F range for me.
    I should have described this because its an excellent item:
    closed cell EVA 1/8" on one side, ripstop nylon on the other with a polyurethane coating underneath, 39"x79"

Review here

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    I have been eyeballin' the kylmit inertia x frame pad but, no one on HF has reviews for it in a hammock. Weighs nine ozs and packs down to the size of a soda can... Could be an option. Klymit also advertises that when its filled with argon gas, it has a higher R value than goose down but, all the reviews online pretty much chalk it off as a gimmick. Still interesting they are trying to design a system to use gas as insulation for a sleeping pad.
    Last edited by Derek222; 03-22-2013 at 01:18.

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek222 View Post
    I have been eyeballin' the kylmit inertia x frame pad but, no one on HF has reviews for it in a hammock. Weighs nine ozs and packs down to the size of a soda can... Could be an option. Klymit also advertises that when its filled with argon gas, it has a higher R value than goose down but, all the reviews online pretty much chalk it off as a gimmick. Still interesting they are trying to design a system to use gas as insulation for a sleeping pad.
    I've seen the klymit pads in stores. I think I would get one of theirs if I needed a pad. They are SMALL when stored, about the width of a pringles can, and a little shorter.
    A friend of mine has a big agnes though, and it looked great. The chambers on the outside are a little bigger than the ones in the middle, so you dont tend to roll off. It tries to keep you centered. I laid on it, and it felt great.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

If bulk is your concern I don't think you can beat an air pad. I am a pad sleeper though it is in a bridge hammock so the shoulder squeeze isn't as bad. I had a first generation Big Agnes Insulated Air Core, I returned it recently (after years of not quite satisfied with it, after studying the pad the insulation appears to have shifted) and purchased the Big Agnes Q Core SL (which is 19 oz in the long and has an R4.5 supposed to be good to 15 degrees). I haven't got to try the Q Core out yet but it is 3.5" thick and comfy to lay on. I also use a Big Agnes sleeping bag for a tq so it's pad sleeve hold everything in place.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12