WBRR 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    pads, WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by FlySubCompact View Post
    Was nice all night until I got uncomfortable at 6AM and 36 degrees. Bailed from porch hang and went inside. Bag I got looks well made, but is in need of some more down to match my main bag.
    Very similar to the results that I am getting AFTER having added 3 oz. of 800-fill power down to the bag I bought. I'm good using the overstuffed bag as an overquilt down to the mid-to-upper-thirties.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    body fat
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    My $33 Ozark Trail 32* down bag came in 2 days ago and I like it. I think it will serve well as a top quilt when it's not very cold out, or as a spare sleeping bag for adults or children. I am warm-natured, so I think this bag will suit me fine. It's definitely not a luxury bag and that's okay for the price I paid.

Thanks for the sale tip!

I bought two. I'm pretty impressed. I get their not $200 bags but for the price they seem nice.

I have a small wool blanket (think 3/4 length). I think with the blanket in the bag with me I'll be toasty. We got about 10 inches of snow today and it's supposed to be zero tonight. Don't think I'm going to test it for awhile...

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I ordered 2 when they were $33 site-to-store. I got to the store and after 20 minutes of searching they could only come up with one. Their excuse was that an employee must have scanned the bag twice making the computer think they had both bags on hand. After "discussing" the issue with 2 managers it came down to me being SOL and the $33 price couldn't be honored since it was an online deal. After emailing back and forth with WalMart's online customer service I basically got the same answer..."Too bad, sorry, that sucks". They refunded me $33 for the second bags, but I was just SOL on getting another one at that price. I probably could have pushed the issue, but it just wasn't worth it. At $33 the bag is a good enough deal. At $80, I'm not so sure.

Hammock
    HH Ultralite Backpacker Asym Zip
    Tarp
    stock
    Insulation
    Open to suggestion
    Suspension
    stock

Wink Bag has been sold

Quote Originally Posted by Coosa View Post
    *I bought a bag here in Baltimore MD last summer thinking I would make an UnderQuilt -- I realize I'm not a cold weather person -- when I get home (North Georgia) after mid-January, I am going to post some items for sale -- the never-used sleeping bag from Walmart among the items. (It's hanging in a closet in a non-smoking environment.)

If you're interested, $50 and I pay postage (I take paypal)

Please PM.

Thanks
    Coosa
    The bag has been sold and paypal has taken their cut.

Will be mailed when I get home.

Thanks for interest.

Coosa
    HH Backpacker Asym hanging since 5/20/13
    Esther 1:6a The garden had [Hammock (sic)] hangings of white and blue linen, fastened with cords of white linen and purple material to silver rings on marble pillars.
    My blog dedicated to my Dad

i'm just spitballing here, so someone convince me why this wont work. I want to create an underquilt out of this bag with the least amount of sewing and permanent mods possible.

i'm thinking of sewing a long button-whole type opening in the end of the foot box so the foot end of my SMr solo hammock can pass through.

i notice there is a draft tube just below the hood that already has shock cord thru the channel and then the hood also has a a channel with shock cord. i'm thinking that if i open the ends of the channel of either the hood or the draft tube, remove the short shock cord and replace it with longer piece of shock cord and the two cord locks on each side of the pre-made channel and the ends of the shock cord tied in a knot, i can use the cord locks to cinch the head end, and then use a mini-beener to attach the knotted end of the shock cord to the whoopie sling hammock suspension. the shock cord will keep the head end of the hammock pulled toward the head end, and the footbox around the hammock will keep the foot end in place.

a second mummy bag can be zipped to the underquilt to create a pod of sorts that is big enough to surround me.

what am i missing?

Hammock
    Kammok Roo Double
    Tarp
    Wise Owl
    Insulation
    Working that out.
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by gps4 View Post
    i'm just spitballing here, so someone convince me why this wont work. I want to create an underquilt out of this bag with the least amount of sewing and permanent mods possible.

i'm thinking of sewing a long button-whole type opening in the end of the foot box so the foot end of my SMr solo hammock can pass through.

i notice there is a draft tube just below the hood that already has shock cord thru the channel and then the hood also has a a channel with shock cord. i'm thinking that if i open the ends of the channel of either the hood or the draft tube, remove the short shock cord and replace it with longer piece of shock cord and the two cord locks on each side of the pre-made channel and the ends of the shock cord tied in a knot, i can use the cord locks to cinch the head end, and then use a mini-beener to attach the knotted end of the shock cord to the whoopie sling hammock suspension. the shock cord will keep the head end of the hammock pulled toward the head end, and the footbox around the hammock will keep the foot end in place.

a second mummy bag can be zipped to the underquilt to create a pod of sorts that is big enough to surround me.

what am i missing?
    Do they zip together?

I could be confused (I have seen it done both ways) but if you don't have shock cord down the sides, will it conform and hold tight?

I am curious what you come up with and how it turns out!
    “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Nyte View Post
    Do they zip together?

I could be confused (I have seen it done both ways) but if you don't have shock cord down the sides, will it conform and hold tight?

I am curious what you come up with and how it turns out!
    if you have a left zip and right zip they will zip together, or if you turn a right zip inside out, it will zip to a right zip.

im counting on the tension created by my feet holding the foot box on one end and the shock cord clipped to the head end of the hammock suspension on the other end to create the tension to hold the side up. if this doesn't work, i will likely sew grosgrain channels inside the zipper to hold end to end shock cord.

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    You might want to check out this thread.

Fyi- the new cocoon 250 mummy bags are 6 inches wider and 50 more grams as compared to the cocoon 200

• + New Posts
  • Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast