Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    I know I just have to start. I am traveling around with Insanity, P90X and 10 minute trainer all in my bag and I can't get motivated to do a thing after a day of work and I sure not going to get up an hour earlier!
    I personally just made my mind up that i didnt want to be fat anymore, and have been going stong ever since.Hopefully ,I can keep it up.

Hammock
    ENO-Dbl, Grand Trunk-Dbl, BIAS,SmkH
    Tarp
    ENO, SmkH HMS
    Insulation
    homemade pea pod
    Suspension
    ENO Straps, Whoopy
    Missouri named "best trails state."

4/17/13, 2:37 PM

JEFFERSON CITY – Missouri has been named the “Best Trails State” by American Trails, a national, nonprofit organization working on behalf of the nation’s hiking, biking and riding trails. The award was announced today at the International Trails Symposium in Arizona. The national award is presented every two years to the state that has made tremendous contributions to promote and improve their trails system.

“Missouri has an outstanding system of trails that can accommodate a wide variety of activities ranging from a short walk to a hike through the wilderness,” said Gov. Jay Nixon. “This award is a great honor for our state, and I encourage all Missouri families to get out there and take advantage of this incredible resource found right here in the Show-Me State.

Missouri State Parks offers almost 1,000 miles of managed trails and the state claims more than 500 miles of National Recreation Trails designated by the U.S. Department of Interior. The state lives up to its reputation as “Gateway to the West” with significant trails including the Lewis and Clark, Trail of Tears, Santa Fe National Historic Trails passing through the state and the Pony Express, California, and Oregon National Historic Trails beginning on the western border. Missouri is also the home of the Katy Trail, the longest developed rail-trail in the nation.

“Missourians can walk, hike or bicycle on 230 incredibly diverse trails throughout the state park system,” said Sara Parker Pauley, director of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. “Spending time outdoors exploring our trail system not only provides us with a great adventure, it also provides us with an opportunity to improve our overall health and well-being.”

“The contributions of staff, volunteers, and support groups have made Missouri’s state park trails stand out as the best in the nation,” said Bill Bryan, director of Missouri State Parks, a division of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. “We are proud of these efforts and look forward to continuing work to build on our network so even more families can enjoy trails in our state,” added Bryan while accepting the award on behalf of Missouri State Parks.

The award also recognized Missouri State Parks for a project that began in 2008 to inventory and manage trails, which is being used in a statewide effort to consolidate and coordinate trail data. Missouri State Parks recently released Trails of Missouri State Parks, a publication that provides detailed information on 230 Missouri State Parks trails.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Missouri named "best trails state."

4/17/13, 2:37 PM

JEFFERSON CITY – Missouri has been named the “Best Trails State” by American Trails, a national, nonprofit organization working on behalf of the nation’s hiking, biking and riding trails. The award was announced today at the International Trails Symposium in Arizona. The national award is presented every two years to the state that has made tremendous contributions to promote and improve their trails system.

“Missouri has an outstanding system of trails that can accommodate a wide variety of activities ranging from a short walk to a hike through the wilderness,” said Gov. Jay Nixon. “This award is a great honor for our state, and I encourage all Missouri families to get out there and take advantage of this incredible resource found right here in the Show-Me State.

Missouri State Parks offers almost 1,000 miles of managed trails and the state claims more than 500 miles of National Recreation Trails designated by the U.S. Department of Interior. The state lives up to its reputation as “Gateway to the West” with significant trails including the Lewis and Clark, Trail of Tears, Santa Fe National Historic Trails passing through the state and the Pony Express, California, and Oregon National Historic Trails beginning on the western border. Missouri is also the home of the Katy Trail, the longest developed rail-trail in the nation.

“Missourians can walk, hike or bicycle on 230 incredibly diverse trails throughout the state park system,” said Sara Parker Pauley, director of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. “Spending time outdoors exploring our trail system not only provides us with a great adventure, it also provides us with an opportunity to improve our overall health and well-being.”

“The contributions of staff, volunteers, and support groups have made Missouri’s state park trails stand out as the best in the nation,” said Bill Bryan, director of Missouri State Parks, a division of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. “We are proud of these efforts and look forward to continuing work to build on our network so even more families can enjoy trails in our state,” added Bryan while accepting the award on behalf of Missouri State Parks.

The award also recognized Missouri State Parks for a project that began in 2008 to inventory and manage trails, which is being used in a statewide effort to consolidate and coordinate trail data. Missouri State Parks recently released Trails of Missouri State Parks, a publication that provides detailed information on 230 Missouri State Parks trails.
    A well deserved recognition ,missouri trails are in great shape.

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Awesome! I agree.
    With beauty all around you, may you walk.

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling

Missouri named best trail state

I was just going to post this, this morning- good show Hairbear- and we will be on one of the jewels of the trail system.
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Good news, my schedule has changed and I will be at the Taum Sauk trail head at 8 am on Friday morning.
    see you all then

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    How far away is this from Branson? It turns out my ladies dad will be driving down there to see his folks and I can probably make it to this hang if it's not too far away.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    How far away is this from Branson? It turns out my ladies dad will be driving down there to see his folks and I can probably make it to this hang if it's not too far away.

Fronkey
    it is 3 hours, but if he is going to come through St.Louis, he could drop you at my house on the way south to Branson. If he takes the normal route from MN to Branson, which is through Iowa City, IA, he will pass within 2 miles of my house at the intersection of HWY 40 and HWY 70.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post

Fronkey
    You sure would be welcome. Ill let someone else give you the directions. I copied your bugnet ,its working great for me.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    it is 3 hours, but if he is going to come through St.Louis, he could drop you at my house on the way south to Branson. If he takes the normal route from MN to Branson, which is through Iowa City, IA, he will pass within 2 miles of my house at the intersection of HWY 40 and HWY 70.
    I very well may do that. He is going to give me a call when he's done with work and I'll figure out his schedule. I'm not sure if he is driving up Thursday or Friday afternoon. But, worse case scenario I should be able to atleast make it there for one night by just using the car to drive on over while he is visiting his folks. I'm about 90% sure I can make this one.

Quote Originally Posted by hairbear View Post
    You sure would be welcome. Ill let someone else give you the directions. I copied your bugnet ,its working great for me.
    Thanks hairbear. I will be great to meet some new friends and I'm happy the bug net is working out for you.

Fronkey

• + New Posts
  • Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast