Still Looking
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    A weekend I dont have kiddos.
    That sounds like you're in, however kids are always welcome. We have 2 groups going out, one meeting Friday morning at the HWY A trail head and one meeting Saturday morning at Johnson Shutins trailhead were we should be able to meet up.

Look forward to seeing you.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Well unfortunately Pryro won't be able to come on this one; I'm going to miss him terribly but he can't miss any more school. It's only one hike but I looked forward to them even more when we were doing them together.

So i'll be solo on this one; as for the weather, I'm with Disco, I'm hoping for 50's at night. If we get that then I can use my ultralight system.

if anyone can brief us on what to expect for water along the trip, that would be helpful.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and Digitizer, I'll be amazed if you get under 30lbs!

Happy Easter everyone!
    Gideon
    sorry to hear that pyro wont be there,we will miss him. 20 lbs in two months ,now thats a crash diet for the pack for sure. The knees will rejoice.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by rngn View Post
    Im thinking of going but wont be there till friday night and will catch up on saturday hopefully somebody can give me a ride back to hwy A
    My car will be at the end ,Ill get you to hwy a.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    I liked bell mountain alot when we were there. Im thinking about going down early to hike to the top of bell for a thursday night hang .Plans are to catch the sunrise from there ,then hike down to meet the group for friday morning.Any others interested in joining me?

Perhaps a chance for someone that wouldnt be interested in the long hike could get a nice outing in for a one nighter.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Double / Eno Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    NA for now
    Suspension
    Whoopies Web

Re: MO Hang 5 - OT Thru Hike - May 3, 4, 5 2013

Me and gf are going friday or sat morning at hawn state park. Think thats bell mtn.?

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    Me and gf are going friday or sat morning at hawn state park. Think thats bell mtn.?
    Bell is down on hwy A . The parking lot that we are meeting at is below the mountain.The o t we are hiking passes the bell mountain trail,so they would come to us around half way back down the trail.

Hawn is very nice you will enjoy it.

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    Still Looking
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hairbear View Post
    I liked bell mountain alot when we were there. Im thinking about going down early to hike to the top of bell for a thursday night hang .Plans are to catch the sunrise from there ,then hike down to meet the group for friday morning.Any others interested in joining me?

Perhaps a chance for someone that wouldnt be interested in the long hike could get a nice outing in for a one nighter.
    Hairbear, Just wanted to let you know you can count me in on the Bell Mountain Thursday night side hike.

Just to verify we can get there at some point on Thursday and drop one of our cars at the end destination and leave one at the Hwy A trail head.

That gives us one car at the end destination so far. We will most likely need one or two more.

It sounds like there will be 2 more groups going out on this hike. Those heading out on trail Friday from Trail head at Hwy A and those heading out Saturday heading out from Jhonson Shutins.

If we get one person from each group to drop off a car at the end destination that would be three cars and should be plenty.

This of course is just a suggestion and any other ideas are welcome.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone soon

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    Still Looking
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Hairbear are you thinking of meeting the rest of the group at the Trail Head at Hwy A Friday morning or just meeting up with them at the TS3 marker on this map?

They are only about a mile apart so I don't know that it matters much except we would have to back track and repeat that section.

Thanks

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by digitizer101 View Post
    Hairbear are you thinking of meeting the rest of the group at the Trail Head at Hwy A Friday morning or just meeting up with them at the TS3 marker on this map?

They are only about a mile apart so I don't know that it matters much except we would have to back track and repeat that section.

Thanks
    Yes the ts3 is the start of the bell mountain trail. That is where you leave the o t. That will be where the group catches up .
    That first part is pretty rocky. We might have to come down a little further to get to a real nice spring for water .

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    If you feel adventurous we could go in the way i came out the last time.It would be bush whacking for the first 5 miles down joes creek then skirt the mountain going up the back side. When I say bush whacking im not using the term lightly, then we come to the trail making easier going to the top.
    Doesnt matter to me we can hike your hike that day,the trail up is just as good.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast