Thread: need help

need help

Well i been doing my looking up materials to build my hammock, i got the hole family exsited about this year sleeping in a hammock, problam i am having is finding plans on building a bridge hammock with bug net. I need plans and just cant find them any were. Please any help would be nice. I think the materials i have bought far as nylon,nosee em, webbing, cord and such i have one heack of a needle injecter that was used to so leather saddles with. I am ready just need step by step plans.

Hammock
    1.0 dbl blackbird
    Tarp
    HG camo cuben hex
    Insulation
    HG Custom quilts
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Images
    Grizzly Adams has some great instructional videos on youtube I would check out if I were you. Make yourself a Grizz Bridge
    Delete this profile

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    When I first started on the journey to comfortable sleeping in the woods, I spent a whole lot of time looking at each manufacturers versions of a 'hammock'. With each of them it was - 'like that feature, don't like that part'. I just couldn't find one that I liked everything about.

Then I found the Grizz Bridge - and then I realized that with only a couple of very minor changes, just because I can - my 'absolutely perfect for me' hammock was very possible.

Be prepared to watch each segment of Grizz's construction video's multiple times and have a notepad handy.

Oh yea, try as I might and as good at math as I am, the string on the wall trick for doing the cat cuts worked easier for me - course I also had access to french curves and my seamstresses flex curve tools.

Ya i realy like the grizz bridge my self the others just dont look like anything i want to mess with guess i will work on watchen the video and taken notes. I guess diy hammock maken is alot of r& d.

Been working on the grizz videos and taken note, ther is somethngs i dont git but just going have to wing it and give it a shot.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Move down to the "Do-It-Yourself" forum and ask away.