Thread: need help

need help

Well i been doing my looking up materials to build my hammock, i got the hole family exsited about this year sleeping in a hammock, problam i am having is finding plans on building a bridge hammock with bug net. I need plans and just cant find them any were. Please any help would be nice. I think the materials i have bought far as nylon,nosee em, webbing, cord and such i have one heack of a needle injecter that was used to so leather saddles with. I am ready just need step by step plans.

Grizzly Adams has some great instructional videos on youtube I would check out if I were you. Make yourself a Grizz Bridge

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    When I first started on the journey to comfortable sleeping in the woods, I spent a whole lot of time looking at each manufacturers versions of a 'hammock'. With each of them it was - 'like that feature, don't like that part'. I just couldn't find one that I liked everything about.

Then I found the Grizz Bridge - and then I realized that with only a couple of very minor changes, just because I can - my 'absolutely perfect for me' hammock was very possible.

Be prepared to watch each segment of Grizz's construction video's multiple times and have a notepad handy.

Oh yea, try as I might and as good at math as I am, the string on the wall trick for doing the cat cuts worked easier for me - course I also had access to french curves and my seamstresses flex curve tools.

Ya i realy like the grizz bridge my self the others just dont look like anything i want to mess with guess i will work on watchen the video and taken notes. I guess diy hammock maken is alot of r& d.

Been working on the grizz videos and taken note, ther is somethngs i dont git but just going have to wing it and give it a shot.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Move down to the "Do-It-Yourself" forum and ask away.

• + New Posts