Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I have placed many, many orders from Scott and none have had any type of smell. But I have seen two of my local USPS carriers smoking in their mail truck, which they are not supposed to do, but I saw it with my own two eye's. I have also seen them smoking as they are walking around the apartment complex as they are delivering the mail as well.

I have also had stuff drop shipped from a third party supplier and had a smoke smell to it, so my thinking was it was the carrier, or original supplier.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    To the OP. Have you asked Scott directly if he smokes? I would be surprised if there is any exposure to smoke in his shop. It seems to me that would be the best way to bring resolution to your concern. Given the overwhelming response of no odor from others it would be important to confirm what seems apparent. Just a thought.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG:Burrow/Incubato
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    never had smell on my orders!

Hammock
    Eno Dn, Sn, DIY "Ahote"
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps
    So far in the past 2 months I have ordered three times from Scott ( who IMO is hands down the most courteous and respectful businessman I have had the pleasure of doing business with) and I have never had an issue with his merchandise containing any odors. As others have mentioned if you feel that the problem is something on the sellers end you should drop him a note.

Good luck
    Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks...

Mahna Mahna...

"The more we hang, the more we have to leave in the end" -Gresh

Hammock
    WARBONNET RIDGERUNNER
    Tarp
    UG WINTER PALACE
    Insulation
    ZREST
    Suspension
    WEB AND BUCKLES
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hototo View Post
    So far in the past 2 months I have ordered three times from Scott ( who IMO is hands down the most courteous and respectful businessman I have had the pleasure of doing business with) and I have never had an issue with his merchandise containing any odors. As others have mentioned if you feel that the problem is something on the sellers end you should drop him a note.

Good luck
    I'm going to call Scott here in a bit and just let him know about my order/odor. I couldn't imagine he, even if he did smoke would do it around the items he was selling. My wife called the post office and complained about the package and is waiting to hear back from someone who can check on the delivery for that day. She's livid! I was going to surprise her with her hammock and she complained about the smell when she handed me the package. Then I told her what it was for and that's all it took lol

Quote Originally Posted by FBG View Post
    If none of the other smell reducing options work, try 50/50 Vodka and water and use a spray bottle to apply it. It kills bacteria and helps remove odors from most material. It's a proven method used by most Rennies to remove the daily smells from their garb that can't be washed nightly.

A small bottle on the trail can also help take the odor out of your clothing when ya just can't stand the smell of yourself any longer.
    Never heard of this. If I drink the other 1/2 of vodka, I probably wouldn't know if anything smelled. Also if I shared, no one would care if I smelled

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    By the time I got into the triple wrapped package Scott sent to me (thanks for the triple wrapping btw Scott!!!), I'd have certainly noticed if anything had a smell to it.

There was absolutely no smoke anywhere near my stuff - I'd be able to tell since I'm the one holding my breath in the elevator cause the other person on it stinks!!

Hammock
    TrekLight Double /DIY HH/DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    GuideGear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    JCP DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling 7/64
    Ordered from Scott many times, great guy and very responsive to any inquiry. Nothing but the finest customer service, and products. Very highly doubt his shop had anything to do with it.

Reach out to Scott - he will respond quickly.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    I have also placed several orders, and no odors. Went and checked the package that just arrived, and also, no odor, other than no-see-um goodness......RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    My only complaint about DIY Gear supply is that I can't wait for my order to arrive. Of course that goes for all of the cottage folks here. And I guess technically that is my problem, not theirs.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    WARBONNET RIDGERUNNER
    Tarp
    UG WINTER PALACE
    Insulation
    ZREST
    Suspension
    WEB AND BUCKLES
    Images

Thumbs up

It was the USPS driver that made my items smell. Along with others that apparently called in and complained.

Anyways my daughters enjoy my ongoing hammock project for my wife. Here are my daughters testing it out before the side pulls and noseem netting are added. Goofs!
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234