HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies

Smile hennessy cub

Found and purchased cub for the little one. We tested her out tge other day. He just loved it. My self on the smaller size, 5' 6" and 125 lbs, i meet the height requirement and just 5lbs over the weight limit. So i just had to try it out myself my first time using a hennsy.

In my opinion i think the weight limit is very modest. I thought it was very comfortable. Now ive always used smaller hammocks. Eno pronest, GTUL GT nano 7. Which ive also just purchased a dangerbird 60 which i love but feel like i swim in it, but will see alot of use,

Anywho i guess what im trying to say, unlike most i prefer smaller hammocks then larger ones. I found another cub for $75 and couldnt pass it up, told the gf it was for her but i may "borrow" it for a couple solos this summer. Must add whoopies first.

Just wanted to share some thoughts thanks for reading!

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Lucky that you can feel very comfortable in a smaller hammock - great weight savings. Personally, I like my bigger rigs - feel right for me.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer UL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Dream
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/JCP TQ
    Suspension
    WS/MSH
    Images
    I personally love the bigger rig as well (expedition ultralight), compared to my winter hammock (DIY gathered)

I love the Cubs! I bought two for my kids and am impressed with them!

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    We got our first cub this year, along with two scouts, so all the kids can hang now. They've all slept in the basement already and all passed out very quickly and completely.

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    IMO i just feel nice and snug in my smaller hammocks and have always slept well. 300 miles on the AT in my pronest 2 years ago, so i feel right at home in the cub.

So what is the most weight some one has put in one if theses cubs? They look really heavy duty and seem they would hold alot more the 120 lbs. I do know it voids any warranties but im not worried about that. I never hang my hammock high anyway.

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    Hi, please, any comments on club zip for children? I have 5 and 7 years old, and thinking about these, as the price seems to be reasonable with the tarp and everything.

thank you

Hello, l have purchased two Hennessy hammocks from the spring sale that l think is still running.
    I am 5.5 and 138 pounds and these two hammocks purchased are the cub and a scout.
    I have slept in both around a dozen times each at home before l take off into the remote, so l have mainly refining the suspension and l did lengthen the ridge lines around 20mm or so.
    The fabric used with the cub is a little bit more stretchy than the scout, l was able to sleep just fine in the cub, l am over the weight recommendations they claim for the cub hammock, but l personally felt safe with this hammock, but please do what you think is best for you if anyone decides to use this hammock, l push the boundaries somewhat and can take the knocks.
    I have also tried both cub and scout with a Potomac under quilt that l use on my other hammocks, the quilt lined up well after a little patience and some jiggling, it provided the warmth for the nights sleep.
    My intention was to try out the cub, as a smaller lighter compact hammock l can take with me as a all in one over night hiking hammock, l have also been looking for "smaller" hammocks, 9, 9.5 ft with integrated bug net, this maybe a possible custom hammock from a cottage vender, l am not to sure, but there is always the cub and scout from Hennessy.

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    Thanks for your input, the hammock is for my children, so no weight concerns.

• + New Posts