Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet DL BB 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing

Quicker way to hang tarp!? Help!

Bought the superfly to go along with my BB hammock and I LOVE it. BUT.. I've been tying it down as the instructional video on the Warbonnet website site explains to. It gets the job done and I haven't noticed any slip once I've got it synched down. Problem is, tying down is time consuming. There has to be a way to cut down on the time factor even if it means changing out the lines or using a different type of hardware. Right now I'm just using some of the guyline from the Warbonnet website and aluminum tent stakes. I've got the doors set up on with some cord locks and shock cord, similar to how the pullouts are done for the BB. If anyone knows of a quicker way to setup the tarp I am all ears otherwise it's looking like some soggy clothes in my future until I'm able to come up with an alternative solution.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Caveman did a video on how he does his tarp lines which is pretty much how I do mine except I don't use shock cord for self tensioning.
    I have prusiks on all the tarp loops. The lines going to the ground have a fixed loop that I just put around a stake and then use the prusik to tighten the line. The benefit of having the adjustment at the tarp loops is you can adjust the lines from under the tarp so if its raining you don't have to go to the stake to tighten the line. For the lines going to the trees, I have some Dutch hooks on the fixed loops to make attaching to the trees easier. You just have to put the line around the tree and hook the Dutch hook on the the line. The great thing about the prusiks on the ridgeline of the hammock is it's very easy to centre the tarp between the trees and over the hammock.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer UL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Dream
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/JCP TQ
    Suspension
    WS/MSH
    Images
    Figure 9's on tarp ridgeline...loop with midshipmans hitch for guys...very quick and easy

Images
    I use a Dutch hook on one side, and a flyz on the other. As easy as it gets for me. For the tie outs, I have a dutch hook on a prusik on the line, that clips onto the loop of cord on my stake, and pulled tight. Quick and easy.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    I'd been doing the basic "line-on-each-end" for the tarp suspension, but I've since switched to the method seen here:

It's kind of hard to envision exactly how it works, but you basically take the Dutch Hook around the tree, clip it to the loop you've attached to the tarp, then move to the other side. Take the line around the tree, tension at the Dutch Flyz and secure it. From there, weirdly enough, you can slide the tarp back and forth between the two trees to get it centered over the hammock. Like I said, it's hard to imagine, but it works, trust me. So far, it seems pretty dang fool-proof, and it certainly doesn't seem like anything can slip anywhere. Seems... perfect... but time will tell, I guess.

Oh, also: I put about a two foot section of amsteel around the Zing-It on both sides, to wrap around the tree. The Zing-It slides through the Amsteel and saves the tree from being sawed into by the Zing-It. Pretty nice.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    That's an interesting solution! I have to try this. I guess I won't even need to buy new hardware (DutchWare); I guess I can use a figure 9 rope tightener for one side and a microbiner on the other side, both of which are part of my current set-up. The only problem I can see is, that I need even more guy line. I have been running out of line frequently in the past, since most of my hangs have been between less than optimal spaced trees...

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images

Quicker way to hang tarp!? Help!

I use Dehoja's method that Kyle explained above, but without the Amsteel sleeves.

To prevent sawing the tree, I slide the tarp into place while the lines are still slack, but just enough tension to hold to the trees. Then I tighten up in the lines. Kyle has gone the extra mile for the tree.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    comfortable
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    necessary
    I prefer a very simply hardware free system to protect my tarp from damage.
    "Live like you will die tomorrow, but learn like you will live forever." Gandhi

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx,Mamba,Woobie
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'd been doing the basic "line-on-each-end" for the tarp suspension, but I've since switched to the method seen here....

....It's kind of hard to envision exactly how it works, but you basically take the Dutch Hook around the tree, clip it to the loop you've attached to the tarp, then move to the other side. Take the line around the tree, tension at the Dutch Flyz and secure it. From there, weirdly enough, you can slide the tarp back and forth between the two trees to get it centered over the hammock....Oh, also: I put about a two foot section of amsteel around the Zing-It on both sides, to wrap around the tree. The Zing-It slides through the Amsteel and saves the tree from being sawed into by the Zing-It. Pretty nice.
    Thanks for the refreshment, Kyle.

Need to try that out. Love the idea of FREE sliding instead of the prusik loop for adjustment.
    .................................................. .................................................. ........

"Your life starts at Point A and ends at Point B. Kick maximum ***!....." Ted Nugent (before he gone bats**t crazy)

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    I use a Dutch hook on one side, and a flyz on the other. As easy as it gets for me. For the tie outs, I have a dutch hook on a prusik on the line, that clips onto the loop of cord on my stake, and pulled tight. Quick and easy.
    This is very fast.

So is a two-piece tarp ridgeline using tarp FlyZ on each
    +1 anything Dutch bling
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast