Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images

NC>Uwharrie Yates Place>Nov. 1-3

I'm gonna be there if I have to kick my own rear into gear. Haven't been to a hang in awhile.

I've done maintenance on the UT with the UTC and land trust and they have strict rules, especially with chain saws. It's true what Loki said, better to do maintenance as part of an organized trail day.

This is so close to my house. The Uwharries have been my tramping grounds since I was a kid. I attended a hang here before but it has been awhile. Def trying to make this. Anyone else bringing a kid in the 7-10 yo range? Trying to decide on bringing my shadow.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    ThermaRest
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    I want to contribute to the meal but like I said this is my first hang and I have no idea what to expect. As far as cooksets go all I have so far is an MSR PocketRocket and shallow pan/plate kit. I can bring ingredients though if you would like for me to. Y'all just let me know what would be best!

Quote Originally Posted by eflat7 View Post
    Anyone else bringing a kid in the 7-10 yo range? Trying to decide on bringing my shadow.
    I may have my 9-yo along, hoping to do a bit of small game hunting. Not 100% on that at this point.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eflat7 View Post
    I'm gonna be there if I have to kick my own rear into gear. Haven't been to a hang in awhile.

I've done maintenance on the UT with the UTC and land trust and they have strict rules, especially with chain saws. It's true what Loki said, better to do maintenance as part of an organized trail day.

This is so close to my house. The Uwharries have been my tramping grounds since I was a kid. I attended a hang here before but it has been awhile. Def trying to make this. Anyone else bringing a kid in the 7-10 yo range? Trying to decide on bringing my shadow.
    My 9yo will be there. I am still trying to convince my wife and as such my 3 yo who would need zero convincing to come.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martindoms View Post
    I want to contribute to the meal but like I said this is my first hang and I have no idea what to expect. As far as cooksets go all I have so far is an MSR PocketRocket and shallow pan/plate kit. I can bring ingredients though if you would like for me to. Y'all just let me know what would be best!
    this will be car camping and as such car camp cooking. Bring whatever you need to. I would say bring whatever you would want to have with an italian dinner outside. Maybe get those ready bake rolls and toast them at the fire or bring a box and some tin foil and bake them in a ready made oven. maybe bring salad. Bring tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, balsamic vinaigrette and a italian bread and slice and toast it to make bruschetta. pre-make breaded chicken cutlets. Make panchetta wrapped olive or mushrooms. I am hungry and gonna go eat now.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by Martindoms View Post
    Yes I am going to leave my MSR PR at home. Since it is car camping I can bring more luxuries. I will help with desert.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    Yes I am going to leave my MSR PR at home. Since it is car camping I can bring more luxuries. I will help with desert.
    I still bring mine because my son doesn't eat much so I use it to boil water for his mac n cheese.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    I still bring mine because my son doesn't eat much so I use it to boil water for his mac n cheese.
    Once I bring desert your son is not going to want Mac and Cheese.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    Once I bring desert your son is not going to want Mac and Cheese.
    maybe but you don't know my son. Very picky. He wouldn't eat hamburger until recently because he doesn't like ham. He doesn't eat a wide variety of things. Not that all 9yo do.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    maybe but you don't know my son. Very picky. He wouldn't eat hamburger until recently because he doesn't like ham. He doesn't eat a wide variety of things. Not that all 9yo do.
    Yes but you have to admit. All kids (including mine) love desert. I will bring enough for all though.

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast