My package from Hammock Gear was waiting for me when I got home from work today. I got 20* Pheonix UQ, a 20* Burro TQ and a 11 Ft. standard Cuben Fiber tarp.

I've been hiking and camping since the Nixon Administration. But, I am a total noob when it comes to hammock camping. So I did my research. After hearing so many good things from the folks here about HG, my expectations were pretty high.

The quilts are top notch. The stitching is incredible. After years of using mass-produced synthetic sleeping bags, this is a real treat to have something so light and so warm!

And the tarp... I had gone over sizes and weights several times and made the comparisons. But, I was still surprised at how unbelievably light it felt when I picked it up and held it in my hand.

In all the photos I've seen on the HG site and elsewhere, the tarps appear to be white; not stealthy at all. I figured it was a trade-off for the light weight. I was pleasantly surprised. My new tarp is light translucent olive-green.

I had another pleasant surprise tonight. When I placed my order I inquired about getting snake skins for my tarp. I asked about the skins again last week when I inquired about my order. I got an ETA on my order. But no word on the skins. Well lo and behold. My tarp arrived with a set of Cuben Fiber skins at no extra charge. Those skins weigh mere .8 oz.

Adam and Jenny, You guys didn't exceed my expectations, you blew them away! THANKS!