I have arthritis or something and cannot do the Hennessey figure 8 with their webbing straps. I was reading some posts and had an idea. I have ENO Atlas straps and they work very will with my ENO's. I'm uncomfortable cutting into the end of the stock hammock and swapping out the suspension.

What I figured was, my wife could just take the Hennessey line coming out of the end of the hammock, tie a continuous loop and I could just use my Black Diamond carabiners to hook that to the Atlas straps. That way, I wouldn't damage the hammock in any way and could always untie the knots later and be back to square one.

Well, my wife tied two knots and I wound up on the ground twice!!! She says she did a square knot, but I could see it sliding down and dumping me. I'm not a knot person. Is there a knot that would work? Any solutions that don't require changing the stock hammock?

I love my Hennesseys, but this would make a preacher cuss!!!! As uncomfortable as my Warbonnet Traveller is, at least it doesn't dump me on the ground! Please help, or I'm going ENO 100%!!!!