Well I just received my hammock today and I put it up before dinner and tried it out. WOW! Is it nice. No (I mean ZERO) shoulder squeeze and so much room I can get into any position I want. The details are superb and having the double zipper pulls allows me to vent from both ends. I opted for Papa to make this a dual zipper model with the screen and the cover on separate zippers so you can use both at the same time. The double zipper is definately the way to go. I choose #5 zippers as opposed to the standard #3 and think this is a good choice. The zippers are a little stiffer so when outside the hammock with very little tension on it it is very easy to operate the zippers without snagging. I really like the side pullouts as well. I had interior grosgrain tabs added to allow me to afix my quilt to one side and all the way up at the foot end (both ends) so no more wrestling with it and no more falling out when I get out of the hammock. Now, I do not know the weight, but that was not my concern with this hammock. It is made with the following specs

[*]Double 2.6 oz taffeta, black outside burgandy inside[*]Matching burgandy top cover[*]11 x 72[*]Double #5 zippers, one for the top cover the other for the netting[*]Double zipper pulls on one side for both net and cover[*]Matching burgandy SMC rings on grey continuous loops for the hammock ends suspension[*]Adjustable, detatchable ridgeline with dutch biner[*]Interior grosgrain tabs

I will post pictures as soon as I can. It is currently hanging in my basement waiting for my first overnight.

I cannot get over how comfortable this hammock is - yes it is heavy by some standards but I am 6'1" 320 lbs and can no longer sleep on the ground in any form (airmat, foam, army cot, etc...). All the add ons were thoughtout well in advance and designed to my needs. I am very hard on my gear and this looks like it will outlast my lifetime. I am super stoked about this new hammock.

The workmanship is beyond belief. Not a single stitch out of place anad the color choice is fantastic.

If any of you are on the fence about a Dangerbird don't be. My hat is off to you PapaSmurf - Thank you for a wonderful buying experience and an even better product.

Dave

This is not my first hammock but may be my last - yea right!!!!