Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Maccat/gheto diy
    Insulation
    pads/PLUQ
    Suspension
    diy straps
    i made some full length(no sections) ones a few week ago and instead of a rubber tip, I found some twigs from the oak tree in my yard that fit in the tips. epoxied them in, wrapped the tips with thread and epoxied over that (to hopefully fight splitting). drilled a hole in my oak dowel filled ends and epoxied a nail in there to create a metal tip. i'll take pictures later. so far i have only gone on a day hike with them, but they show no signs of wear.

i feel like the rubber stopper tip could potentialy fall of and leave the hollow bamboo end open for quick wear and splitting.

also try handlebar wrap instead of bmx style grips. its lighter, softer, and will fit any diameter/regular shaped bamboo.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ, Karo TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Klanecfsb View Post
    i made some full length(no sections) ones a few week ago and instead of a rubber tip, I found some twigs from the oak tree in my yard that fit in the tips. epoxied them in, wrapped the tips with thread and epoxied over that (to hopefully fight splitting). drilled a hole in my oak dowel filled ends and epoxied a nail in there to create a metal tip. i'll take pictures later. so far i have only gone on a day hike with them, but they show no signs of wear.

i feel like the rubber stopper tip could potentialy fall of and leave the hollow bamboo end open for quick wear and splitting.

also try handlebar wrap instead of bmx style grips. its lighter, softer, and will fit any diameter/regular shaped bamboo.
    That sounds interesting id like to see pics

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ, Karo TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    The bamboo I used isnt the normal bamboo that you see pandas eating, I think its called cane bamboo? And its solid all the way through but incredibly light and strong still.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Maccat/gheto diy
    Insulation
    pads/PLUQ
    Suspension
    diy straps

DIY 2 piece hiking poles

Here is the picture of my pole tips. You can see the black thread and the head of the nail

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12