LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    I've used several of the suggestion on here with good results throughout the years of cohabiting with cats. College roommate swore by Odo-ban and it worked great, just have trouble finding it from time to time. Big messes I soak in vinegar and hot water or make a slurry out of baking soda and water to gently scrub and then rinse clean.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7, ENO Dblnst
    Tarp
    Superfly, MCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Zep/Incu/NewR/SSnv
    Suspension
    tree strap/whoopie
    "Simple Solution" worked very well for me in a similar situation.

I was initially going to use a Colt 1911, but the cat was so darn cute.... ;-)

Take it easy,
    desmobob

Re: Cat Urine

I have been manager of a pet store for 7 years. The absolute best stuff I have found for cat urine is "nature's miracle just for cats". Cat urine is different from dog and is a lot harder to kill. This stuff not only kills the smell but also wipes out the pheromones that might cause the cat to come back. I have no experience with hammocks, not yet, so I'm not sure about damage to the fabric. The product is largely alcohol based and evaporates nicely.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    We found a dumped kitten on the Umpqua River some time back. Retrieved it, brought it into the RV--borrowed, pretty good deal drinking fresh brewed coffee while you drive--and it promptly p***ed, s**t and left a string of fleas in my shaving kit. Items two and three were resolved with much effort. #1 was never satisfactorily ameliorated, and I have since owned a new kit. I cannot offer good advice, other than to mention you should, as I did, give said lovely kitten to your mother in law.

Hammock
    DIY tablecloth struc. ridgeline
    Tarp
    Noahs Tarp 12
    Insulation
    Blue WM pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by genegene View Post
    Well the topic says it all really.

We just got a new kitten and unfortunately my hammock was in a camping gear bin of stuff that needed to be put away and the kitten must have decided that the bin was a good of place as any to relive itself.

Most of the stuff in the bin was washable but my WarBonnet and my ground foot pad need to be rid of the very bad urine smell.

Any ideas as what I should use and how to clean my hammock?
    I have used hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle. I've heard that baking soda makes it more effective, but the hydrogen peroxide alone worked to deodorize a daypack that my former cats decided to urinate on to get me back for some slight.
    Time is but the stream I go afishing in. Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    Thermarest Slacker/Slack house
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Super Snuggler
    Suspension
    Eno Helios

Mirazyme

I can't believe that no one has brought up Mirazyme. It is manufactured by McNett Products. I have used it on neoprene gear and a VERY musty tent that wasn't opened up after being put away wet. This stuff is Da bomb. Really. It is an enzyme that is mixed with water and you wash anything skanky. It only eats up the bad stuff, and releases carbon dioxide as a byproduct. Do a Google search on it.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl lefty
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj.Web/Dutch clip
    +1 on Hydrogen Peroxide. It gets the smell out of everything (fabric, wood, concrete). The only other thing I found that worked as well was Anti Icky Poo but it was way more expensive. I stock up on HP for my feral baby (5+ years). The stuff really works.
    I was told there'd be no math on this exam. ~T.D.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    +1 on the Nature's Miracle from the pet shop. Just a disclaimer though....since this stuff is an enzyme a lot of stuff will interfere with it. If you use some other harsh chemicals then try this stuff as a "last resort" it probably wont work (not that you'd want to use harsh stuff on your hammock/tarp). The key is you have to keep it damp for a few days to let this stuff do it's job. Maybe stuff the whole thing in a big ziploc and let it work.

I've pulled both pet stains and sour milk stain/odor out of the carpet. I also had to use it to get human stains out of a mattress (potty training setback). It worked for that too. Good stuff.....

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    Im thinking that a trip to the pet store is on the to do list now.

Hammock
    DH Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Cat urine

Natures Miracle. Found at almost any pet store. Spray entire article, take no chances, let soak, hand wash just in case. Dry in the sun.
    Has worked every time for me. BTW, my sister the veterinarian absolutely swears by it.
    image.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast