DIY Hammocks
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    I use this contraption and store the down all together in a pillow case till i'm ready to inject into some project. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5U0C85gv1Q
    The engineer in me really likes this idea of a low power down extractor/injector. I have a vintage (70's or early 80's) REI down jacket that I likely has some quality down for another project!

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    I just found a Vest at the Salvation Army Store, it was half-off Wednesday, the vest was $3.00 USD. Really high Quality goose down in it, made in Canada. Problem is I put the vest on because it was raining and I did not want to get my shirt soaked. I liked the vest so well, it is now in my closet.

I have just this week found two more high quality sleeping bags with excellent down, not a feather in it. Now I am down rich, not sure what to do with all of it. I have full length down coats so I do not need another.

Maybe I am a "goose down" addict, I seem to have acquired too many hammocks, a lot of Dutch Gear, oh, and there is the excellent sewing machine I also purchased Wednesday, it was $9.98, it was half price, plus the store sent one of the employees to help me get it to my vehicle which was parked about 2 blocks away. The machine is a old Signature (Montgomery Ward) brand. I am not sure who manufactured it. Probably whoever made the machines for Sears that year. It sews great, I took it apart, all metal inside, no fancy stitches, but it does have zigzag. Really in excellent shape, no scratches or dings, beautiful gold color, with some nice chrome, nothing broken or touchy, the great part is it has a adjustable pressure on the presser foot. I think the rest of my machines are going bye-bye.

Gee, I really have to get help.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Sell the jacket, and use the money to buy 3-4 ounces of good down . . . I don't think my puffer jacket has more than 2 ounces in it, based on how small it compresses...

Heck, what size is it? If it fits me, I'll trade you for 3 oz of 550-600fp down.

John
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    I use this contraption and store the down all together in a pillow case till i'm ready to inject into some project. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5U0C85gv1Q
    Know this is an older thread, just wanted to thank drifter for this video, I am using this method to salvage some down for a TQ. Works great so far.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12