Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    pitbull Shamu
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Well it certainly looks as if yall had a great time. Perchance one of these days I will find myself able to make it down for a hang with my more southern of compatriots. Till then, hang easy my friends.
    Sounds like a plan. We NCfolks could carpool. Great video. Daughter (age 8) kept asking "is he serious?" She said he "ain't right", and that is a complement 'round here.
    Ken T.

“Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.”
    ― John Muir
    Watches synchronized, sharp mind and empty bladder. You get caught, demand an attorney and don't ever say my name. - Agent Simmons
    "With your eyes closed you can't tell the difference between Tyvek and Cuben." - Knotty

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No See Um No More
    Tarp
    BCUSA Coyote 10x10
    Insulation
    USMC Poncho Liner
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    The Spring Swing was outstanding and the unfathomable comfort of the Junebugdawn's, Smiley Sling is unprecedented, as is the warmth of Junebug's friendship. It was sadness most profound when we lost her company Saturday, but as we are forced to share such a wonderful person with others, we will accept this burden if we must. It was awesome hangin's with my friends and family of camping kin. Sharing the woods with other like minded folks, we of Camp Smiley have been honored to add a couple of new hangers to our expanding lot, a pair of little girls named Senecia and Shiia, our granddaughters. Although a bit testy at times and grating at others, I'm glad we brought them. I would like to thank MBCruisin' for organizing this amazing get together. Some time away from life was most needed indeed. I would also like to thank Gresh, for his most generous donation to Dalton, "InHuman", here on the forums, of a Kelty Noah 9 tarp. His gear is nearly complete. We have now returned home, seeing it unfit, we have gone to a local lodging for the night to recuperate from our travels. Thus we bid you all farewell until next we meet and leave you with these parting images.

Firemedic sets up his GoPro Camera for the raffle. An event we have all been looking forward to.

Our humble host, MBCruisin' rambles on about something or other.

I had to get a photo of Firemedics site flags. It was a moral imperetive.

Dalton's improved hang with Kelty Noah 9, donated by Gresh.

The Very comfortable abode of Gresh.

The organized dweling of MBCruisin' our host.

This is as close as I dare approch Cowboys hang, he's still asleep, rendering him very dangerous.

Okay, so I snuck in a little closer. Max said I could.

Palmetto State Hangers Facebook Group

Last Hang Attended 2013 Fall Sprawl Trip Report

Next Hang To Attend 2014 Spring Swing

I can only afford to live free.
    Anything else cost far too much.

Hammock
    dangerbird
    Tarp
    Hennesey Hex
    Insulation
    t&bquilts-kangaroo
    Suspension
    straps
    It was great to see old friends and make new ones... snagging new gear at the raffle rocked and the campsite was perfect.. excellent time and already want to go back!

Hammock
    Darien UL 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber Hex
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Great watching you strolling on the beach. Meanwhile we're expecting another 4" or 5" of snow tonight...
    ~
    "Home is where I hang my food bag."

Monkeywrench
    Allen Freeman
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com
    blog.allenf.com

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Looks like you all had a great time. Maybe I can make it next year.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

Pics!!

PICS! Spring Swing 2013 -- password:springswing

Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    90&quot;x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

Junebug's take on the swing

About two hours behind schedule, at 10:00 am Wednesday morning, I began my journey from the foothills towards the coast. After a couple of required stops, I finally arrived in MB at 4:30pm, where I met up with Cowboy and headed to the park. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Paulie who had arrived earlier in the day. We went about choosing some nice trees and getting set up. A little while later, MBcruzin arrived at camp. Cowboy, Max and I checked out the beach at sunset, then headed back to camp where we all enjoyed a relaxing evening fixing our supper vittles and sitting around the campfire for warmth...it was a cold and windy night! Once again, like Sesqui, I struggled to stay warm in my hammock and once again, Gresh's monster military mummy bag saved my hide! Thursday, Firemedic joined us at camp. It was great getting to hang with him since he had only been able to visit when we were at Sesqui in January. I took some time to work on my hammock setup, adjusting my UQ and overcover, hoping for a more comfortable night's sleep. Later, the five of us enjoyed a delicious seafood supper at Inlet Crab House. We all returned "stuffed to the gut!"
    We received word that Gresh was on his way and for us to pick out some good trees for him...we, of course, obliged! (For some reason, he thought they were not quite adequate for The House of Gresh.) We enjoyed another evening around the campfire and I am glad to report my hammock was much more comfortable Thursday night.
    Friday brought more hangers. Captain Smiley and his crew (7 in all) arrived and set up a monster t*nt for the non-hanging campers. Little did the good Captain know, but he was getting a surprise...a bright, yellow smiley hammock. Seeing his smile was priceless.
    Paulie and I enjoyed a late lunch at Sam's Corner. They have really good burgers! I got a pimento burger and it was delicious.
    Cowboy had a friend and her daughter visit camp and they were able to get a first hand look at the hammocks and how we hang. It is always nice to get to introduce new people to our way of camping.
    I made my "now becoming famous" Cowboy Stew for everyone for supper. A huge thanks to MB and Gresh for helping stir, stoke the coals and keep a watch on it and to Cowboy for adding his special pepper seasoning.
    In the evening, Cowboy, Max, Gresh and I headed out to the beach so I could snap a few shots of the sunset. On our way back, we ran into Firemedic and Paulie, so we walked to the salt marsh lookout where I was able to capture a few more shots in the fading light. Later, while enjoying the campfire, Don Morgan, who was hanging in the regular tent area, came over and visited at camp. It was nice meeting him.
    It was finally time to head to the hammock, and I was sad that it would be my last night at camp. I was heading home in the morning to be back for my niece's 1st birthday party Saturday afternoon. I am happy to report, that I had my BEST NIGHT'S SLEEP, so far, in my hammock! Whoo Hoo!!! When daylight came, the temps had warmed overnight. I packed up, said my goodbyes and reluctantly headed home. Camp never lasts long enough, but the memories sustain me between hangs. Yesterday, I cleaned and organized all of my gear anticipating when I will pack in a few weeks for the next hang.
    I want to say a very special THANK YOU to MBcruzin for hosting the hang and also to Cowboy, Max, Paulie, MB, Firemedic & Gresh for coming down early to hang with me since I was having to leave early. Thank you to Gresh for choosing nice raffle items for me in my absence and thank you to everyone who sent me pics and updates throughout the day and evening about what was going on at camp. It made me feel like I was still there in spirit.
    I cherish each time I get to hang with y'all and I cannot wait until the next one! Happy Hanging!!!
    Junebug
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    90&quot;x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

Re: 2nd Annual Spring Swing, Huntington Beach State Park, SC

A few more pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Great pics....especially of Captn' Smiley getting the smiling hammock.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No See Um No More
    Tarp
    BCUSA Coyote 10x10
    Insulation
    USMC Poncho Liner
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    It really is the most awesome hammock of all time. Simple and spacious, yet cheerful and snuggly. It's kinda like a great big hug and a pat on the back all in one. Like everything JunebugDawn makes, it's made with love, she rocks!
    Palmetto State Hangers Facebook Group

Last Hang Attended 2013 Fall Sprawl Trip Report

Next Hang To Attend 2014 Spring Swing

I can only afford to live free.
    Anything else cost far too much.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast