enodn, wbbb, or other?

Help. ... I know most don't sleep 2 up but I'd like to give it a try. I was hoping for some helpful input on which hammock will be the best to try it in. I like hh but I want the 400lb rating. I like the idea of a foot box with the wb but the Eno had a nice price....I would like a double layer and a bUg net so please share your thoughts.
    Thanks all.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    You're trying to sleep with two people in the same hammock, yes?

I'll be honest...while hammocks can be fun for...ah..."dynamic stress testing" of their suspensions, they're not particularly comfortable with two normal-sized human beings in the bed proper over any extended period of time. The only hammocks that I know of specifically designed for two people are sold by Clark Jungle Hammocks: their Flex 180 (designed for occasional dual occupancy with a small adult in addition to the regular user) and their Vertex (designed for two full-sized adults).

Hope it helps!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Think of a really bad, ultra soft mattress where the two of you sink to the middle. Now think of it as a spider web where you feel everything that moves. Still sleepy?

However, if you were going to try it, I'd get the longest, widest one you can find in some really durable material. Make sure there are no weak links in your suspension. Its not only the weight, but the fact that each of you will be moving around as you can and putting more dynamic stress on everything - more than just the sum of your weights.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Darien UL, WBBB
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Woopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I think the ENO DN will fit your needs better then the wbbb, though I have seen some old threads where a couple did share a blackbird, they both must have been stronger sleepers then I.

With the WBBB, imagine if you're the one sleeping on the non-zip side and you need a nightly relief. You have to wake up the other person, climb over them without stepping on a kidney in a swinging hammock and somehow get out of the netting. At least with an open Eno exiting would be easier.

Perhaps you should think about getting two hammocks and see if you can share a tarp side by side. Site selection may be trickier, but a hiking buddy and I have pulled it off before.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    I will not restate what others have said other than Clark hammocks are the only ones available without a diy dual bridge hammock.

I personally will never have the opportunity at least until my son is old enough to go camping with me.(wife doesn't do the hammock thing) When that time comes I will probably use 2 gathered ends with spreader bars in between the hammocks to hold them apart. That way my camping buddy (son) will be under the same tarp and right next to me, without sacrificing comfort at all. That option might be a viable one if interested, but having not done research on it I couldn't tell you specifics. If you were to search "two hammocks one tarp" in google it might turn up something, but I am not 100% sure...This is my recommendation to you.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Images
    None.......

Thanks all, I have looked at tandem hangs and the option of the hammocks that use 3 trees. ... not really fond of that but may be the default. We are both side sleepers and are usually tight sleepers. I don't get up at night and she is an early riser. I understand the problems that may not be able to be overcome but I'm stubborn and want to try b4 giving up on the idea. My biggest issue is of the hammocks that I would like to keep for myself, if sleeping together fails, which had the best chance of being comfy for two. Even if that ends up being future wrestling matches instead of sleeping the night.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...t=30351&page=3

Did a little research for you, came up with this thread. This is probably the cheapest way to hang two people from the same tree without using the same hammock. See tzbrown and sr1335's posts for the best ones I've found...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    Eno Singlenest &amp; DubbleNest
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Insulation
    Foam pad &amp; slp bag
    Suspension
    Atlas straps
    Images
    I would go with the ENO DN
    I love mine and if its dbl layer you want
    For what they cost get two, that way if you find