Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    I cant speak for the tablecloth hammock as I have never experienced a hang in one. The Scout is for Jr. Hangers (150 lbs or less). The Expedition or the Explorer Deluxe would be the route for you if you are going to go Hennessy.
    Have you visited their website?

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    I would play around with what you have and do some research on here before you go spending money on new gear that you aren't sure how to use correctly (no offense intended, but we've all been there).

Add a ridgeline to your hammock, the standard is 83% so measure the length between the two points you will attach your ridgeline (usually right at the bottom of your suspension ropes), cut a piece of whatever rope you have laying around to 83% of that (+ allowance for knots) and attach it, that will make sure you are hanging your hammock at the correct angle. Remember to lay diagonally and wiggle around till you find the 'sweet spot'.

If after that you find you like it, then you have loads of choices to either upgrade your hammock and/or your suspension, buy dutchware, try a mini spreader bar etc.

Some people just aren't comfy in some hammocks (or any for that matter (although I don't know how )).

I agree with what the others have said, either look into saving for a hennessey set up or go DIY... or save really hard and you can pretty much have any kind of hammock in pretty much any shape, size or colour with any type of suspension you want from one of the cottage guys on here.

Oh, and welcome to the forum

Hammock
    DH Darien, DIY, ENO
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    DIYUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks craige, Im only asking about new gear for the purpose of pricing really. I want to know how much I need and whatnot. You just gave me some pretty good info to work with. I intend on making my Walmart hammock work with the necessary upgrades here in the near future.
    Grant

Getting lost is not a waste of time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123