ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Made my OWN!
    Insulation
    Pad and Bag.
    Suspension
    Whoopies Slings

Brag on My Son just a little

This is a picture my son sent my of his Hang on the last troop camp out. I am very proud of him. He is 12, a life scout and the SPL of the troop.His hammock is an inexpensive model we found at Academy, The camo Top we hade made by a local seamstress. Sewing is not my forte, nor my wifes.
    Between the two of us our whole troop is converting to a hanging troop. I hope to get pictures of a group hang soon. I didn't go on this past camp out due to a L4-L5 disc issue.

Youre doing something right in his upbringing. Carry on.
    I also hope your back feels better soon.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Byers Traveller from Academy, same thing I gave my grandchildren. A bit short for an adult, but just right for kids. Looking good.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    good for him and you. My son is 9 and soon to be a webelo. I have started him out with his own stuff as well. We are working on him being able to set up him own rig. Last time out he got the msh down.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Made my OWN!
    Insulation
    Pad and Bag.
    Suspension
    Whoopies Slings
    What better way to teach the two half hitches and taught line hitch knots? Make your own ridge line??? Tie down your own tarp??? Being able to do it all his self is a big deal. Thank you for all the compliments. The boy is a class act from beginning to end and we owe most of it to the BSA.

I have an MRI scheduled for Tuesday, and we will quickly move forward with a solution. In 2003 My keister impacted a slippery boat dock, water ski in left hand, cold beverage in right. I did not spill my beverage. Two years and 100's of chiropractor visits later my wife gave me two options lawyer or Doctor, my pick... I choose to see the doc. About 8 months later I had a micro-lumbar discectomy at L4-L5. the Doctor told me see you in seven years. I didn't believe him but nearly seven years to the day I made the phone call to his office requesting drugs. I'm hoping he has something better to offer, but would settle for seven more years if the micro surgery would work again. In the interim better living through chemistry is my mantra.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    12 years old and already SPL? You done good.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    12 years old and a Life Scout...AWESOME!

One of my very favorite scouts to come through our troop made Eagle at 14 years old. He was just an exceptional young man. At that point though, he decided he had done all he could do there and had other interests, which is ok. But I sure would have liked to have had him around for a few more years.

Maybe you can keep your little rocket interested, especially if you're involved too. Either way, you're doing the right thing.
    I know I wouldn't take anything for the time I spent with my teenage boys in their scout years.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Good for him! Definitely a boy to be proud of.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Good things happening, congrats.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Made my OWN!
    Insulation
    Pad and Bag.
    Suspension
    Whoopies Slings
    Thanks Guys, I plan to do the things to keep him interested. He turns 13 in August. He's going to Jamboree this year with the East Texas Area Council contingent. He is one of the 8 webelo's we crossed early at the end of 2010. So he's had two years in the ranks and files. He completed NYLT this winter break and has really stepped up the game from our last SPL. He wants to go to NAYLE at Philmont and I'm pretty sure that as soon as he is old enough he will be living at the COPE course. When he was much younger we put him in week long summer camps. He climbed and leaped from a pamper pole at the ripe age of 6. His mom and I nearly had a heart attack when he showed us on pick up day. One of the best things about him is that he enjoys showing the younger boys how to do things. God has truly blessed me with a great son.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast