Tarp
    HG WP3, WBSF, HHex
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles
    Images

BMBH Length?

I noticed the JRB website description limits the recommended use of the BMBH to individuals up to 6'-3".... what is the actual length from foot wall to head wall? Does anyone in the 6'-3" to 6'-4" height range have comfort experience that can be shared?
    Last edited by hawghangar; 03-24-2013 at 14:01.

Images
    There are at least 3 different BMBHs in the hands of consumers, and I am not sure they are exactly the same length. I have the 1st generation original with removable net, and I have the newer BMBH UL version. The UQs don't seem to me to fit quite the same length wise, but they are also attached in different places so maybe that is the reason. Also, once I responded here to someone asking how far the outer suspension rings should be apart, which was 9'6", but Pan corrected me saying that did not apply to the new deluxe zipper version, that would be too far, and gave me the new figure which I have forgotten. But, I'm pretty sure the original distance suggested for the UL model was 8'9". So not as long.

But, that is a suspension measurement. It is still possible that these measure different while the bed length measures exactly the same. If some one who knows, like Pan, does not chime in soon, I will get my lazy butt up and measure. But even then, you will only know for the original and the UL model.

Hammock
    Darien UL 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber Hex
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I am 6'3", with ridiculous size 15 feet to boot, and I have no problem in my BMBH UL.
    ~
    "Home is where I hang my food bag."

Monkeywrench
    Allen Freeman
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com
    blog.allenf.com

Images
    I'm 6' and have some room at my feet to shove extra clothing down there. You should be fine.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB Mw3/ HG Burrow
    Suspension
    UCR's / Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    There are at least 3 different BMBHs in the hands of consumers, and I am not sure they are exactly the same length. I have the 1st generation original with removable net, and I have the newer BMBH UL version. The UQs don't seem to me to fit quite the same length wise, but they are also attached in different places so maybe that is the reason. Also, once I responded here to someone asking how far the outer suspension rings should be apart, which was 9'6", but Pan corrected me saying that did not apply to the new deluxe zipper version, that would be too far, and gave me the new figure which I have forgotten. But, I'm pretty sure the original distance suggested for the UL model was 8'9". So not as long.

But, that is a suspension measurement. It is still possible that these measure different while the bed length measures exactly the same. If some one who knows, like Pan, does not chime in soon, I will get my lazy butt up and measure. But even then, you will only know for the original and the UL model.
    My bmbh deluxe bought in 2012 is 77" laying a tape along the bottom from one end seam to another end seam. Billybob, I am curious as to what your orginal bmbh measures.

Hammock
    WB XLC, Dutch Netless, HH Exp mod,
    Tarp
    HG WP3, WBSF, HHex
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post
    My bmbh deluxe bought in 2012 is 77" laying a tape along the bottom from one end seam to another end seam. Billybob, I am curious as to what your orginal bmbh measures.
    This is probably not a good option for me since I'm 76" tall.

...maybe the Jacks could get their R&D department to look at a longer model this year...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post
    Preliminary measurement, hammock laid out on my bed and measuring from head end bottom most seam to foot end = 82-83".

If accurate ( later today I will hang it up and measure again ), that will confirm my impression from my very 1st hang that I (6'1") have more room length wise in my original ~ 2007 or 2008 model than I do in my much newer UL, going by your UL measurements. It would also help explain why I have not been able to get the exact fit with my UQs that I got with my first BMBH. My impression has been that by hanging the UQ from the side rings per directions, that my UQs are too long giving me a large amount of side gap. I had meant to contact the Jacks about that to see what advice they had, but have not got around to it. Mainly because I mostly put my MW3 convertible on this hammock anyway, in short mode, and all is perfect using it that way, as it is on the WBRR. Using full length on either is trickier.

Does any one have a deluxe zipper model they can measure?

Keep in mind that I often have my head resting on the end caps, which then equals even more head room length wise.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB Mw3/ HG Burrow
    Suspension
    UCR's / Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Preliminary measurement, hammock laid out on my bed and measuring from head end bottom most seam to foot end = 82-83".

If accurate ( later today I will hang it up and measure again ), that will confirm my impression from my very 1st hang that I (6'1") have more room length wise in my original ~ 2007 or 2008 model than I do in my much newer UL, going by your UL measurements. It would also help explain why I have not been able to get the exact fit with my UQs that I got with my first BMBH. My impression has been that by hanging the UQ from the side rings per directions, that my UQs are too long giving me a large amount of side gap. I had meant to contact the Jacks about that to see what advice they had, but have not got around to it. Mainly because I mostly put my MW3 convertible on this hammock anyway, in short mode, and all is perfect using it that way, as it is on the WBRR. Using full length on either is trickier.

Does any one have a deluxe zipper model they can measure?

Keep in mind that I often have my head resting on the end caps, which then equals even more head room length wise.

Billy, I have the deluxe zipper model and it measures 77". I have the same issues with my mtw3c that I purchaced from a forum memeber that is too long for my newer generation model BMBH deluxe. I guess I should have done a bit more research, but just figured the quilt would fit. Also have never seen that different generation of hammocks were different length. I ended up having to sew new loops at 77" to the short end of the mtw3c to work in full length mode. I have been using it more and more in short mode anyway as 2/3 underquilt that seems to be working well.

Hawghanger, you might want see if you can find a second hand BMBH first generation for a longer bed length, but then it may not fit well with your newer generation mtw3 quilt?

Maybe we can get confimation from Peter Pan if there was a length change at some point?

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Earliest models were 79" all zipper models are 80 ", end seam to end seam.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB Mw3/ HG Burrow
    Suspension
    UCR's / Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Earliest models were 79" all zipper models are 80 ", end seam to end seam.

Pan
    We must be measuring ours in the wrong places then with Billy's earliest model being 82-83, and my zipper model being 77"? Looks like both of us took measurements from the from the head end bottom most seam to foot end bottom most seam. What part of the hammock are you refering to with these numbers? Is this the seam along the top where the bug net attaches?

thanks,
    Last edited by chewbacca; 03-25-2013 at 13:15.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast