Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    For on-trail hiking in warmer weather this should be a highly functional piece of gear.
    It can work well in cold weather too if you plan to wear No Sniv in camp or if you don't have rain gear big enough to go over your big winter jackets. Poncho can go over No Sniv or winter clothing in freezing rain or if snowing. I took this poncho to Mt. Rogers because rain was predicted. Didn't get any during day so I used it as a bivy in my hammock to add some warmth to my quilt setup.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    After Being lost in the shuffle, I found my DD poncho this weekend. I had already performed almost the same mods as JRB talked about. It's a very handy piece of gear for sure.

The material is not that fragile, IMHO. It's basically the same stuff Frogg Toggs rain suits are made from, but it seems a bit softer.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Pan,

Any update on a launch of this product? Did you receive your order of DD ponchos (I know there was concern about this)

Thanks
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    Pan,

Any update on a launch of this product? Did you receive your order of DD ponchos (I know there was concern about this)

Thanks
    ALCON,

Understand that the DriDucks shipped to JRB today.... So probably the product and modification will launch in a week or two.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Sling/Web
    I think the Micro would be to big to be functional. If anyone can draw up something proving to be different I'll order one from him if he'll do it. Also will be getting one of these driduck undercover ponchos. I need a poncho.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Any idea what the price may be once these are launched?

Hammock
    Hennesy expedition
    Tarp
    Campmor
    Insulation
    Mylar spaceblanket
    I have used dry ducks rain suits for 2 years now. Am on my third set as they tear easily but are cheap. I like the fact it breaths well so the inside stays dry. I wear the jacket as a wind breaker on cold evenings and notice the fabric burns holes from campfire sparks. Keep well away from fires.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Thanks for the pictures, I am waiting on my sewing machine to get back from repair to make the u q mod. I have used a set of dry ducks for the past two years. I have had to sew them up a little, greenbriars are common here, but I will get another year out of them yet. As an underquilt weather cover they will last a very long time.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    It can work well in cold weather too if you plan to wear No Sniv in camp or if you don't have rain gear big enough to go over your big winter jackets. Poncho can go over No Sniv or winter clothing in freezing rain or if snowing. I took this poncho to Mt. Rogers because rain was predicted. Didn't get any during day so I used it as a bivy in my hammock to add some warmth to my quilt setup.
    I thinking similarly, I like hiking with a poncho 'cause it ventilates so well, especially with the tail flipped over your pack. Sometimes with light rain you'll sweat up quickly wearing a rain jacket so you just wear nothing and get wet. The driducks poncho would give you the option of both without adding any weight if you were going to carry an undercover anyway.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I always wondered about under covers causing condensation in the under quilt and I think spinntex would not breath that well. The DD material would be great for this due to its breathability, but it does wet through eventually in prolonged rain. I'm not sure that I would like to put something even remotely damp on my UQ. How do folks use a poncho as a tarp and rain gear? How do you set up in the rain? Using the DD poncho as an UC would be easy enough to hang before bed, but it might make those night time calls tough in the rain.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast