Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    If you're looking for a bargain hammock, though, the Woodsman X (double) costing £125 might be on the expensive side.
    I think it's not expensive, especially in a market (Europe) where there's that little competition. There are a couple of US makers who offer comparable hammocks slightly cheaper, but the difference is not a lot. If I would go the DIY route, I'd probably spend 50-70% of that money on materials alone. And then there's the time spent and possible muck-ups. Fun for some, but not so much for others like me, who don't like sewing.

Another thing to consider is: how much money would you spend on a tent? A quality tent in the same weight class easily costs more than 200 EUR. Even if hammock and tarp should be a bit more expensive, think of it as a "comfort tax" I'd take a well designed integrated hammock any day over the best tent - providing there are two trees to hang it...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad :(
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    I'm currently waiting for my WBBB so if you're interested I can sell you my DD travelhammock. It's DL so you can easily use a pad instead on an UQ in the beginning to see you hanging is for you. Let me know.

Hammock
    TW Camo Hornet Super XL
    Tarp
    "DIY" Frankentarp
    Insulation
    Exped DM 7 LW
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    I think it's not expensive, especially in a market (Europe) where there's that little competition. There are a couple of US makers who offer comparable hammocks slightly cheaper, but the difference is not a lot. If I would go the DIY route, I'd probably spend 50-70% of that money on materials alone. And then there's the time spent and possible muck-ups. Fun for some, but not so much for others like me, who don't like sewing.

Another thing to consider is: how much money would you spend on a tent? A quality tent in the same weight class easily costs more than 200 EUR. Even if hammock and tarp should be a bit more expensive, think of it as a "comfort tax" I'd take a well designed integrated hammock any day over the best tent - providing there are two trees to hang it...
    I'm saying it again: TW Hammocks... The Hornet, one of the models with bugnetting, costs around 50 euro. Here's a link in case your Google-Fu is weak today http://www.twhammocks.co.uk/Hammocks...Hornet-Hammock

Good luck! / Mix
    People on this forum are absolutely incredible. I wish we could discover new land and inhabit it all together. :-) - Deadphans

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MLD Hexagon
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Adj webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch253 View Post
    I'd like to give a hammock a try this spring or summer. I'd like to try something cheap to see if I like it before diving all the way in (I'm a side sleeper). Shot in the dark here but I'm living in Germany, does anyone know where I can get a cheaper hammock in Germany or maybe order in Europe? Thanks!
    Hey Dutch253
    I sent you a pm
    Good judgement comes from experience - Experience comes from bad judgement

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123