Right. So last week, I came home to a happy happy day. I wanted to hang that night, but they were calling for cold temps and perhaps some white stuff. As rare as the white stuff is for my area, I decided not to chance it because I wouldn't be prepared.

So, this weekend the temps go into the 70's...oh lucky day.

I took the hammock out in search of trees. Boy, I sure didn't realize all of the trees in my yard were so far apart, so a road trip was in order. Ended up outside of town at my grandfathers old house.

Strung up between a light post and a pecan tree limb.

Took me a few minutes to figure out how to get everything situated and I can see, now, why people use the snake skins. I'll be looking into making a set for myself soon. Anyway, my rain fly hadn't show up yet (got it today, thanks to Ed Speer...it's very nice) so I couldn't sleep outdoors just yet, but I did take a short nap. I can pull my legs up a bit and sleep completely on my side which is handy because sleeping on my back results in me waking up several times a night.

After I woke up from the nap, my back felt great. The legs were fine and I didn't seem to have any pressure points like I do in a regular bed or on the ground.

Overall, I am truly satisfied and can't wait to try it in the real outdoors.

I have one question. With my weight in the hammock, how tight should the ridgeline be? I was kind of worried about stress points because it was almost as tight as a guitar string. Should I loosen the supports a bit?