help uploading...

i need some help uploading a document...its a google sketchup document but it keeps telling me that it's invalid!
    This is the day that the Lord has made-let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    The forum only supports a limited number of filetypes. If you email it to me, though, I'll host it for you. PM on the way.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    The picture uploads limit the file types that can be loaded. Makes sense if you think about it, because the software has to know what it has in order to display it.

What you want to do is convert your document into a form that IS up-loadable. I often do a figure in a specialized program, then "grab" what I want with a screen capture. This creates another file, in a more standard format, which I think upload, or convert using a standard tool and then upload.

Doing this on a Mac the screen capture creates a .png file which can be uploaded, or through Preview converted to a .jpg file, also which can be uploaded.

On a Windows machine I'm less clear on the screen grab, surely it can be done. I did a little googling on keywords "screen capture Windows" and got a bunch of hits, including this one .

Grizz

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    The file download is available here, with a screencap attached to this post.

heescha started a new thread here using this info, so I will close this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by angrysparrow; 02-09-2009 at 20:51. Reason: added last part
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts