Sunday afternoon, we met at the trail head, and proceeded to hike south. Our goal was to make it to New Chapel Trail head some 29 miles south of us.
Day 1 - Uneventful, good time walking, cold, cloudy, spitting a little rain, nothing to worry about. after 2 hours of walking, we cut the distance short due to Rain, Sleet, and Snow. set up our hammocks, and tents, and built a fire, we were cold, wet and sore from walking in mud.
After a great meal, coffee, and drying out, we all headed to our respected areas, and laid down for the night. I crawled into my hammock, sleeping bag, and covered up with my fleece blanket. within a few minutes, I was snug and warm. my shirt was still a little damp, but the body heat was going to take care of that. At 2:30 am, I was suddenly awakened by me hitting the ground, was this a joke, did someone cut my suspension system? what happened. I turned on the light, and my ENO hammock ripped out. not only that, but I broke my MP3 Player, my Nook e-reader, and one of my hiking poles. and a big bruise on my left side from the fall. We did hike another 5 or so miles to the next trail head, called our pickup and they came and got us.