Thread: Hi!

Hi!

I've randomly seen an ad for a hammock stand on the internet while I was having a little back pain after getting up from bed. I investigated a little more and found out they could make me sleep better.
    I'm from Italy and I hope to find some help in setting up a hammock in my apartment. Do you know where I should ask about tips? I was actually redirected to this forum by TrekLight Gear's "guy who answers to enquiries" for this very reason.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Folks use different kinds of stands indoors when they can't put eye bolts in the walls - google site:hammockforums.net turtledog stand. There are other stand designs here too.

I just have some eyebolts in the ceiling rafters to hang my hammock. I haven't fell yet.

I'd prefer to explore the wall options before I look into stands.
    Do you know in what board should I ask for clarification and tips?

Hammock
    down to 4 :(
    Tarp
    Size matters, lol
    WELCOME !!!

Consider starting by learning how to use the hang calculator... Because the spacing between your hang-points (on the walls or wherever) will be important!!

http://theultimatehang.com/hammock-hang-calculator.html

There are several threads on this forum that discuss how to use it & include real examples.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...t=hang+bedroom

Then, mark your walls... including the proper height from the floor.

Then, consider how to mount, or anchor the ends. Again their are threads here that discuss it at length...

Good Luck, Happy Hanging, Enjoy !!!

p.s. i Love my trips to Italy!! Wonderful Wonderful. I hope to go back again some day

Hammock
    Hennessy/ENO/DIY
    Tarp
    Mosquito Diamond
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome! Prepare to be bitten by the bug (and don't count Shug out either...) There is great information here, from a great bunch of folks.
    To become Old and Wise, First be Young and Foolish.

"A man who will not read, has no advantage over a man who cannot read." - Attr. Mark Twain

• + New Posts