Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    We recently purchased a new high tech clothes dryer that has a steam sterilize option. It really rejuvenates down and takes away any funky odors. Everything comes out super fluffed, clean and fresh without ever getting the down wet, at least saturated. I have run all of my down coats, quilts, etc. through it and it has worked great. Just an FYI. If you have such a machine, it might be a good option.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    We recently purchased a new high tech clothes dryer that has a steam sterilize option. It really rejuvenates down and takes away any funky odors. Everything comes out super fluffed, clean and fresh without ever getting the down wet, at least saturated. I have run all of my down coats, quilts, etc. through it and it has worked great. Just an FYI. If you have such a machine, it might be a good option.
    U considering maybe might think of starting new business of cleaning everybody's down gear . Lots of possibilities out there !!!

Hammock
    WB BB
    Tarp
    DD Tarps, WB SF
    Insulation
    HG 0 incubator
    Suspension
    WB suspension
    I just found this thread, and i just ordered 2 incubators, and i really dont hope they smell that bad!. I have No where to hang them because i live in an apartment.

I havent seen anybody having problems with smelling Quielts from Warbonnet or other vendors, why is HG is the only ones smelling so bad?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF 11'
    Insulation
    HG TQ, Wookie UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I just found this thread, and i just ordered 2 incubators, and i really dont hope they smell that bad!. I have No where to hang them because i live in an apartment.

I havent seen anybody having problems with smelling Quielts from Warbonnet or other vendors, why is HG is the only ones smelling so bad?
    I've seen other vendors having the same problems -- it's probably where they get their down from and how it was treated, not something the vendor we go through is doing.

To reiterate: one of my quilts smelled horrible when I first got it. But after several uses the smell has gone away.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I have a ugq uq and newly purchases wilderness logic tq. Owned the uq for over a year and never smelled anything. When I got the tq i didnt notice. I went camping this pas t week and somehow it was over 100% humidity and raining. Each night going to bed the smell was powerful. Also I never hung it out before the first use. I also noticed the tq seemed to be lacking fill. I had thoughts of emailing wl about these issues.

I have since come home and hung it all up. I started the smell test and both quilts smelled of fowl. I was shocked the uq did. never had I noticed before but unlike the tq it did not sit close to my nose. So I left them hanging up outside. I have not yet been able to put them in sunlight but they are not hanging in my man cave and although I can still smell it, I have to bury my face in it and take deep breath. The tq also now fluffs up perfectly.

So my plan is to get some nikwax and give them a good cleaning/retreatment and get them some sun time outside. I am not worried and like others will now come to love and associate them smell with my times hanging in the woods. Its like the smell of a fire still stuck on my clothes after I am home.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, DUTCHWARE, ETC...
    Tarp
    HG WP/Standard
    Insulation
    HG INCUBATOR/PHOEN
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by ka8yiu View Post
    Does the AFLAC duck hang?
    No... but he did handle my insurance claim very quickly..

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011