So, I never get to go camping, which makes me feel pretty inept when it comes to camping. But I resolved to go out this Easter weekend (I'm a youth pastor, so my weekend was Thursday to Saturday). I just bought a 3/4 20* UQ from UnderGround Quilt and a 45/50-ish* Puffer topquilt from u/bowl-maker and this was going to be a good weekend to do that. I headed out to Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park in Central Florida, and went out to the primitive campsite.

I'm mostly posting this because I wanted to get some feedback regarding how to hang with an UQ. It just seemed like I couldn't get it snug enough. I kept getting cold spots, and I have a suspicion that it was because of drafts. The puffer jacket ended up working out great, though. I had a little CCF pad to sit on. I wound up stuffing that down in the footbox under my feet, and that kept my feet toasty all night.

Anyway, mostly it was just a fun trip, but one story in particular was kind of fun for me. The primitive campsite is only 2.1 miles from the parking lot. Even with 20 lbs on your back, you're talking about 45 minutes walking at most. Unless you have 2 coolers, 2 suitcases, a bag of charcoal, a huge frickin tent, air mattress and hand pump, along with who knows what else. On Friday night at around 9 o'clock, I saw two lights in the distance. They were moving so slowly, I wasn't sure if they were headed towards us or not. I finally went out to meet them, thinking if they were lost I could give them some direction. That's when I saw a young couple from Venezuela. They'd been walking since 6:00, dragging all their stuff. I felt awful for them, but it was kind of funny at the same time.