WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Wonderful video, wonder if they are going to fix up the area? It was a beautiful track, the waterfalls added a bit of excitement, but the views from the waterfalls were spectacular. Thanks for posting, looking forward to more.
    Hi there Cranky Bear, lol I like your trail name, it has a happy ring to it! Not sure how I got happy from cranky, but still.

I wonder the same thing about the tracks. You know what governments are like with cutting out and cutting back. There have been NPWS cut backs in staff levels for years. There are just a hand full of workers taking care of ever increasing work areas. I think they, the rangers, will do the best they can, but it will take same time – a bit sad!

Thanks for you highly positive comments, Cranky Bear, they make me want to jump in the car, rush back down there, and do the track again. Can’t do that though, I’ve got a growing list of walks that need me to walk them, so for now it will just have to go on the “to do again some time” list. Thanks for taking the time to watch it and for enthusiasm increasing comments!

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Another good one! Thanks for sharing.

BTW - you are not "old". A lot of folks here remember 1967... or at least snippets! ;-)
    Thanks for the thumbs up on the trip report, nothermark! If it’s true that wisdom comes with age, I must be young. The 60s were a bit of a blur to a lot of people, thoughs who had a good time that is.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Every time I watch a BrucieVid I feel like I've gotten on the plane and flown west 12K miles.
    Vines start up and grow down the tree-never thought of it that way-thanks!
    Zig-zag trails-we call them switch-backs.
    Blow down king you are and of course I'm thinking a serpent hiding in each one. Blow downs change their significance when you've got a pack on your back and when they repeat with no end in site they take their toll.
    Land Mullet then Elvis-coincidence?
    Noisy water througout! I've love it, only thing besides zephyrs (noisy high wind) that drowns Poof's snoring.
    That last water curtain you walked behind, did air temp drop dramatically between the 'curtain' and the rock face? I'm betting it had too with such a huge heat sink. I was just bown away by the shot at 28:53 through said curtain.
    OK OK OK I'm challenged with finding a waterfall somewhere I can walk behind!
    Did you sell your hammock? Camp on this trip? Just teasing Brucie
    WE can tell you just love to be in the bush. Thanks for sharing.
    Oh, it took me three days to watch all of this one....in the future a suggestion to you and me, break it up in 10 min installments, makes it easier to pace on.
    MM
    Well, hello there, MedicineMan!

Our videos here on Hammock Forums are more real life than anything on TV. I feel like I get to travel to where ever the report is from too. It’s great to be able to travel so far, do a hike along and be back in time for... well, anything!

The vines start life at the top of the trees, after their seed has being number twoed out of a bird, that lands somewhere in a tree and leaves a message. The vine then grows down to get to some water. Then, it wraps itself around the tree and strangles it to death, that’s why they’re call Strangler Figs. The tree rots away, over time, leaving the Fig standing on its own.

I call them zig-zags, everyone else calls the switch-backs, or switches. Yes, I did briefly think much snakes would like the downed trees. Chubby Mullets and Elvis was a coincidence. lol Let’s not up set the Elvis fan club! No comment on the snoring, don’t want to get you in more trouble than you put yourself in – thin ice, MedicineMan lol

It was surprisingly cool behind both curtain waterfalls. I’m not sure if there was much of a difference between the water and the rock face though, I didn’t that much notice. As soon as I walked past that water dripping down and got between the water and the rocks, I could feel a big difference. At a guess, 10C, 50F. Oh and yes, you must find yourself a waterfall to walk behind, and you must film it, so I can see!

Thanks for the “break it up” suggestion, I’ve spent most of today thinking about the pros and cons of doing that. I’ve already made the next video, it’s 23 minutes, so I can keep thinking about which way to do it until the one after that.

Anyway, MedicineMan, thanks for the three lots of watching and for all the great comments! It was super great to hear from you, and you gave me something to think about all day.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Thank you, Brucie for another fantastic video! Excellent cinematography and the sound was superb, especially on those remote shots!

The scenery was gorgeous and you captured it perfectly. That would be a favorite hike for me as I love waterfalls. You need long pants and long sleeve shirts made of kelvar to combat those prickly vines.
    You’re welcome for the fantastic video, MAD777! If you lived near by, I’d say, “Come on, let’s go! I’ll take you for a tour!” 20 hours on a plane is a lot of hours, for a hike. So, my video, and the other videos here, will just have to do us.

Come to think of it, there is another place, just west of there, where there are “almost” too many waterfalls. Last time I did some of them I got waterfall overload. That was the “Waterfall Wonderland” video I made a while ago. I’d have to take you there, for sure!

Long kevlar pants and shirt is a great idea! I’ll look into it!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    Great to see a bit more from the land down under! Thanks mate!

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    BrucieHi5,

Your commentary helped me appreciate the beautiful area you shared with us. That is one fabulous tropical forest you have there. I appreciate all the extra work you put into setting up all those great camera shots too. I thoroughly enjoyed your video.
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Very cool walk/video. Thanks for sharing
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by born2roam View Post
    Great to see a bit more from the land down under! Thanks mate!

Grtz Johan
    Yes, I think so too... the sprinkle of trip reports from places around the world, sure is great to see, here on the Hammock Forums! I always look in the background, and to the sides of the videos, to see if I can see something different to what I usually see around here. Hangers in different parts of the world often do things a little differently too, which gives me new ideas and ways to do things. Thanks for watching and for posting, born2roam, it was good to read from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    BrucieHi5,

Your commentary helped me appreciate the beautiful area you shared with us. That is one fabulous tropical forest you have there. I appreciate all the extra work you put into setting up all those great camera shots too. I thoroughly enjoyed your video.
    Well, after reading you glowing comments, Loki, I found myself sitting a little taller in my seat – a little proud of myself! Thanks for taking a look, Loki, and of course, thanks for the height raising comments!

Quote Originally Posted by NarlocB View Post
    Very cool walk/video. Thanks for sharing
    It’s good to hear, or is that read, maybe both, you liked the trip report, NarlocB! Your welcome for the share! The big question is... What does Mr. Shug say, when HIS wife asks.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl.
    Tarp
    HF 4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

VIDEO: The Whole Place Is Falling Apart

Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Thanks, Willjack1967! 1967 was the year I was born, which makes me VERY old! Thanks for taking the time to take a look at the video!
    I don't think that makes you old. I was born in 1945. Now how do you feel?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    UK hammock UQ & SB
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Fantastic video Brucie!! Now I really regret not having found the way of the hammock before I came home from OZ. That trip you just did would have made a perfect memory.

I am really happy for you that you get to have such great hikes and wonderfull views.

Can't wait for your next vid!!
    //Frans
    Dad, marketeer, eventmaker, Wordpress buff, ciderist, baconar and happy hanger.

For all projects in life, the odds of success are directly proportional to the quality of the duct tape that holds it together.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Thanks for taking us along there, Brucie! It was good to see you out and about again. I love seeing what you see down under as I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to visit (hopefully in the next several years). Some of your shots are just spectacular. Again thanks.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Hey Bruciehi5,

Thanks for taking us along on another of your adventures. I love to watch your videos. Your shots are well planned and the audio via the small recorder is amazing. I am still thinking of doing that for my videos as well. Is it hard to sync the sound with the camera? I noticed you didn't have any hand clapping in this video as you did in a previous vid. Your edits are better I guess. The waterfalls were beautiful and it was cool to see you go behind them too. Very hard looking trail in places where the trees had fallen. I hope they get the trail cleaned up soon.

Looking forward to the next Bruciehi5 video soon.
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Excellent trip report... just plain excellent. Thanks!
    Your dog is the only relative you choose...

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast