Hammock
    Clark NA

Looking for a First hammock

Hi, I've been reading this forum for some time, and I've decided to try hanging instead of sleeping on the ground. I'm looking for a trade, if any of you have a hammock you don't use and want a nice tent. I do a lot of motorcycling/camping and it seems to me a hammock is the way to go.

I have a Eureka Summit XT 4 season expedition tent that has been used twice. Eureka has replaced this model with another, but the Summit was always a highly regarded tent. A review:

"After previously naming it an Editor's Choice, Backpacker's 'All-Around Tent Test' summed up our 4-season entry’s scores: "Bottom line: A stable, well-crafted tent that provides solid shelter. It can handle year-round mountain use." Streamlined design sheds wind and snow for total weather protection. 9.5mm 7000 series aluminum frame.

* Free-standing 3-pole rectangular dome design maximizes space
    * Patented High/Low door, bottom venting fly and power mesh rod sleeves for excellent air flow
    * Full coverage fly with large front vestibule adds protection, storage
    * Convertible zippered roof vent for stargazing and climate control
    * All seams taped and factory sealed for superior weather protection
    * Vestibule zipper covers provide extra moisture barrier
    * Post and grommet set up
    * UV and cold-resistant window on front vestibule brightens area in inclement weather.
    * Floor: 1.9 oz. 3000mm taffeta nylon
    * Fly: StormShield® "Plus" 1800
    * Roof: 1.9 oz. permeable ripstop nylon.
    * Netting: 40D No-see-um"

I am looking for a quality hammock in trade. I don't have enough experience to know if bottom entry or side entry is preferable, so I'm open. I'm 6' tall and weigh 235lbs. I camp 3 seasons of the year, and might try winter camping as well.

Please let me know what you have to trade!

Thank!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Looking to trade a tent for a hammock...on this site?

Just kidding, Ewker likes tents . Seriously, you'd be much better off finding somebody close to you that has a hammock or ten that they'll let you try. You can spend a lot of time and money trying to make the wrong hammock work for you. Much better to have an idea of what you're getting into. TrailDays is what, about a 10 hour drive for you? It'd be worth it as you'll see most every hammock system represented in the village and the vendor area. Plus, it's just kind of fun!
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts