Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok here it is!

ok here it is!

ok guys, sorry for double posting but here is the newly updated sock idea! it would provide wind protection, insulation (if needed) and an attatched rain tarp...i figure there would be a zipper on the actual sock part to get in...the two ends of the sock are cinched down on the ends of your hammock...what do you think!?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is the day that the Lord has made-let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    What is supporting the tarp into that pitch?

the top of the tarp would be sewn into the top of the sock, then it would be stretched out with lines just like a regular tarp.
    This is the day that the Lord has made-let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heescha View Post
    the top of the tarp would be sewn into the top of the sock, then it would be stretched out with lines just like a regular tarp.
    Ya but the ridgeline of the tarp is perpendicular to the trees the hammock hangs from. The only way I'm seeing that you could get a taught pitch is with 2 trees to the sides of the hammock. Perhaps I'm just missing something though. Sorry if I sound over-critical just trying to understand the idea myself.

so you see the lines coming out from the sock? that's the hammock ropes coming through...you could add a tie line out along the ridgeline from where the tarp and sock are sewn together and stretch that out to the trees where the hammock is tied...for the PITCH of the tarp...it's adjustable...they could be staked to the ground or stretched out with guy wires...just like a normal tarp...i'll post some more pics

ok, i do understand what you mean about the shape of the tarp...like how it has a ridge perpedicular to the trees...sketchup is very crude to use so imagine that it would be alot flatter...it would only be that shape where it is sewn, it would naturally flatten out...here is another picture of how the tarp can be staked down...please keep in mind that sketchup is VERY crude to use...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Ahhhh now that makes much more sense.

haha, sorry....a bit confusing...i can see it all in my head...just can't put it on paper....ahh, an engineers nightmare...guess that's why i'm in school!

so what do you guys think?

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heescha View Post
    haha, sorry....a bit confusing...i can see it all in my head...just can't put it on paper....ahh, an engineers nightmare...guess that's why i'm in school!
    Lol I feel your pain. I as well often have a hard time explaining what makes perfect sense in my head to someone else

Hammock
    HH Expd Asm or DIY or WBBB or .....
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!....
    Images
    If the sock is now attached to the tarp how do you get in??
    My knife is so sharp it cut the sixth finger off my right hand! On the plus side, Inigo Montoya no longer hunts me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast