Tarp
    HG 4 season cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ/Burrow TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

link to mouse story

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...736#post866736

I see I used it's in referring to the mouse where it should have been its...oops.

Oh and thanks for the comments, think I'll start with the bungees, that may be as good as it gets, and I'm not complaining, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some new fangled latest best idea...
    Last edited by clb; 04-08-2013 at 18:29.
    Leigh
    aka LookinUp

He who would travel happily must travel light.
    Antoine de St. Exupery

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    Oh! That is a classic story. I toss the netting back on my WBBB all the time, even in summer thanks to permethrin. I may have to reconsider that logic.

As for lightening up, I say yeah just lighten up, if a few ounces is breaking your back maybe there is a medical problem or need for a better backpack. I'm amazed at how much difference a quailty designed pack makes even though its not the lightest on the market. Of course you can always change out to dynaglide whoopies & SRL if you are under the 225lbs safety recomendation.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yeah....I would go for weight saving elsewhere in my kit. You may knock off a few grams switching out suspension, ridge line and thinner bungees.
    I know I like to be secure in my hammock.
    Those Texas mice are very acrobatic.....
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    That mouse knew a good thing when it saw it.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Go to the gym, you could then handle the mouse and the oz.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole camo
    Insulation
    pending tewa a-f
    Suspension
    Monroe shocks

Please .. a little help understanding this

So I'm sitting here with the Warbonnet page open, about to pull the trigger on a BB 1.7 SL, and trying to understand...are you all saying that I can get this model under the 23.5 oz by changing the suspension? I'm not sure which fabric you are talking about. Should I order something besides the WB lightest suspension option?

Thx

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Bite the bullet on the hammock weight unless you'd consider a ghost of some sort or that thing Dutch levitates in Of course BIAS at 14-15 oz won't sacrifice most comfort ranges.

Look to CF for tarp, stuff sacks, rain/wind clothing, possibly even pack.

Insulation. Go with better(more expensive)materials, possibly less temp rating, wearing more of the cloths you already bring with you.

Bug net, if you use one, go minimalist witha HUG or DP Half Net.

Boots/Shoes. It's getting warmer. Go with trailrunners if you and your pack weight can sustain them. losing over a pound or two per foot is no laughing matter.

Cutting most everything else is mostly grams to ounces. Not that you shouldn't do it, but shave the big chunks away if there are any left for you.

Good Luck! Pack Lists help. People love to tear into them. Bet you forgot a whistle or something, that you always take, but forgot to list

Good Luck. Fronkey and Shug both have great, "Whats in My Pack" Video's. If you can get into either of their pack ranges, you should be good to go.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Thunderbird11ft DL
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    20 UGQ Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Easy way to save on weight for me was switching to Vibram five fingers year-round yes year round and clip a pair of nothingz for around camp. Also my cooking gear went to alum. with a alcohol stove. But then again I am not a weight weenie.
    Psalm 50:1 The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and calls the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
    Old Dominion Hangers: Secretary
    First Annual Powhatan Hang and Work - April 17-19, 2015

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    lol, great story. That mouse surely had the right idea....

I, too, was wondering how to lighten up the WBBB. Not that I am complaining, just curious. I think shug and others are correct, we need to find the weight savings elsewhere. which I may go to my Osprey Kestrel, just so many buckles and things I don't need.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

While others say leave it alone as why mess with it and loose it else where, and they are right. I say loose a little from each piece, or loose as much as you can from each piece.

I have a different approach to the weight savings.......

28.34 grams = 1oz , 16oz = 1 lb

If you have the WBBB and cut a few oz, or even a few grams from it, then go to the cook kit, then the tarp, then the insulation, then another piece, and another. Then you have the pack, get a lighter pack, the stuff sacks, the extra stuff. I think you see where I am going. This is the process that I went through and it helped me greatly, it has made my time out much more enjoyable and I find that my knee's, back, and even mind are thanking me from the weight that I lost, as I recover faster, I am able to look up while hiking see more while out and have more energy.

This is just my take on it, and YMMV.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast